The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ukebert
Liechtenstein respects Israels opinions on this matter.

After reading up on the topic, Israel wonders if Liechtenstein knows of another proposed reform to tackle slow response times.

The Actual UN proposed to set up a Rapid Reaction Force, a force always on stand-by for potential deployment. Would Liechtenstein consider revising its stance to maybe see this as an alternate way of amending the problems that inspired you to write this resolution?
Reply 41
UnaChance
After reading up on the topic, Israel wonders if Liechtenstein knows of another proposed reform to tackle slow response times.

The Actual UN proposed to set up a Rapid Reaction Force, a force always on stand-by for potential deployment. Would Liechtenstein consider revising its stance to maybe see this as an alternate way of amending the problems that inspired you to write this resolution?

That has been tried twice before and both times it has failed. Note that a rapid reaction force is worked into this resolution.
Reply 42
On a personal note, I must say, I missed my window to push this through the SC a while back. As a return for my good offices in the 'US Nuclear Shield' saga, I had managed to extract promises, or at least implications, of support for a UN Rapid Reaction Force from the then-American and Russian delegates...
Reply 43
alasdair_R
On a personal note, I must say, I missed my window to push this through the SC a while back. As a return for my good offices in the 'US Nuclear Shield' saga, I had managed to extract promises, or at least implications, of support for a UN Rapid Reaction Force from the then-American and Russian delegates...

Hmm, shame. Sure you won't support this one? :p:
Reply 44
ukebert
Hmm, shame. Sure you won't support this one? :p:

I think it's unwieldy and pointless to have individual country posts, and doesn't provide enough oversight/organisation to the rapid reaction force.
Reply 45
alasdair_R
I think it's unwieldy and pointless to have individual country posts, and doesn't provide enough oversight/organisation to the rapid reaction force.

Fair enough :redface:
Reply 46
I'm going to put a poll up as is. It probably won't pass, but do think about it before you vote, and make sure that you are acting IC.
Reply 47
bother. forgot to make it public. SG Ma'am? :smile:
ukebert
bother. forgot to make it public. SG Ma'am? :smile:

Errr.. minimods can't edit that aspect of poles. I'll PM Nef.
Reply 49
can't they? Ah well. Sorry 'bout that.
ukebert
can't they? Ah well. Sorry 'bout that.

Looks like only supermods can do it, so I'm afraid this resolution is going to have to quietly slip under the fence :p:
Reply 51
Could you close the poll then? I'll start a new thread.

Bleaugh. Comes of posting at work...
I've closed it and wiped the figures out.
Reply 53

Latest

Trending

Trending