The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey

I want to transfer to university of Surrey but I didn't meet the requirements, although I liked the course structure and is similar to my current uni. I really don’t like my current uni. Any chance to get into Surrey although given a rejected decision by email.
Original post by Americanowhite1
I want to transfer to university of Surrey but I didn't meet the requirements, although I liked the course structure and is similar to my current uni. I really don’t like my current uni. Any chance to get into Surrey although given a rejected decision by email.

To clarify, you've applied for a transfer and they have rejected you already?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Admit-One
To clarify, you've applied for a transfer and they have rejected you already?

I haven’t applied, just emailed them directly.
I haven’t applied, just emailed them directly.

If they've said they won't consider you via email then it's a lost cause then afraid. Did they specify why?

NB. I'm presuming you mean transferring directly into year 2? If so, this is their publishing guidance so it does sound very case-by-case.

"We can consider applications for Level 2 (second year) entry via UCAS, for a number of our courses (please check with us before applying). In order to be considered you would need to:

Achieve at least a 2:1 in your current studies

Have studied comparable modules in your current course (please see our undergraduate degree pages for details of the modules included in your chosen area of study)

Non-native speakers of English will normally be required to have IELTS or other suitable English language equivalent.

We will need to see a completed application in order to fully consider your suitability for a place on the course. Unfortunately we are not able to consider applications from Tier 4 students wanting to transfer into Year 2."

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/apply/undergraduate/frequently-asked-questions

Hello,

I understand your desire to transfer to the University of Surrey, even though you initially fell short of meeting the requirements. Receiving a rejection by email can indeed be disheartening; however, there are still potential avenues to explore.

Depending on the specific course you are applying for and the availability of spaces, you may have the opportunity to switch universities after your first year if you can demonstrate your academic progress. Alternatively, you could consider reapplying in the following year. It's worth investigating whether there is a foundation course option for your desired programme.

I'd recommend reaching out to our admissions team directly at +44 (0)1483 682222, as a phone call can often provide a more immediate and comprehensive understanding of your situation and the reasoning behind the rejection.

Furthermore, don't hesitate to contact academic advisers or your personal tutor at your current university to express your sentiments. They may be equipped to guide you in your transfer efforts or help enhance your experience at your current university.

I wish you the very best of luck and feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending