The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
At least if applying from the UK, you have to apply to Oxford/Cambridge by October 15th so maybe you're too late for that :s-smilie:

Also.. it's not so much that you get accepted for a school and then you pick the course. Here, you have to (generally) apply quite specifically for the course, too, so you need to decide which ones you want to apply for before handing it in. Does that make sense?

In some cases, the university might turn around and say "well, actually, you might be more suited to this course, so we'd like to offer you a place here", but the ones you've chosen are so competitive, I'm not sure of the chances on that! It's not like you could get an offer for say the 4 year course and then ring them up and expect to be able to get that offer for the 2 year.. :\

BUT.. you could use three of your application slots on say a 4 year course and then the other 2 for the conversions? Or can you apply directly for the 2 year courses...hm..
Reply 21
Um, yeah, like the person above me mentioned, you're too late for Cambridge. Their website says 'The closing date for submitting both your UCAS application and the CAF is 15 October the year before you wish to commence studying at Cambridge.' (http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/international/apply.html) Hope that doesn't mess things up for you too much.
Reply 22
Well your too late for Cambridge.
largebrandon
Thanks for that last bit of help. It has given me more options. I think I'm going to apply to the various programs in which I am interested in. When/if I get acceptances, then I will decide which one I would benefit more from (2yr program vs 4 year international degree).

I plan on turning in my UCAS next week (once my referee gives me the reference statement). Also, I don't take the LNAT until 14 November. I do hope that I'm not too late in applying. I see some people are already getting acceptances and interviews.

The main deadline for UK students to apply for Cambridge, Oxford and medicine is the 15th of october. For international students this would apply to them too.

For the rest of the places that you are applying to the deadline for UK students is the 15th of January so schools would look at your application fairly before that deadline.

However international students dealine is the 30th of June however they say its best to get it in before the 15th as they may have filled up thier places to other students.

My advice to you is to ring Cambridge and ask them if you can still apply and explain your situation that you didn't know. Also get in the application as early as possible. Definatley before the 15th of January.:smile:

P.S i think you should apply for the 2 year graduate law course, you save a lot of money by doing it, it is likley you don't have to do the LNAT and would be easier to get in.

Latest

Trending

Trending