The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

University of Suffolk Live Q&A - Friday 16 June at 2pm!

Hi guys

Our graduate, Andrew, will be hosting a live Q&A here on Friday at 2pm to answer any questions you might have about studying here, your course, student life, clearing, accommodation etc! This Q&A is open to everyone including current applicants and anyone thinking of studying at Suffolk.

Feel free to post your questions and tune in from 2pm on Friday 16 June to live chat with Andrew :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey- I've been thinking about coming to Suffolk and have a couple of questions:

1. What are the class sizes like?
2. What clubs and societies do you have?

Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Original post by KT200399
Hey- I've been thinking about coming to Suffolk and have a couple of questions:

1. What are the class sizes like?
2. What clubs and societies do you have?

Hi there! Thanks for asking me a question.

Our class sizes vary depending on what subject you are studying, but being a new University our class sizes tend to be on the small side which is great as the lecturers get to know you on first term basis.

Through the University of Suffolk's Students Union they offer a large variety of different sports clubs which have both social and competitive sport. I tended to participate in the more social sport such as the Most Active Students sessions they run. There are also a large variety of societies on offer, if there isn't one to your taste its easy to set one up! :biggrin:

Feel free to check out the University of Suffolk SU website for more info!

Andrew
I'm here until 3 answering your questions about studying at the University of Suffolk :cool:
Reply 4
Hello,

I have applied to Suffolk and just want to know what Ipswich is like? Thanks
Original post by BouncerB
Hello,

I have applied to Suffolk and just want to know what Ipswich is like? Thanks

Ah that's great. Ipswich is a vibrant town with lots on offer, whether you are interested in shopping or going to the bars/clubs. Over the last few years there have been lots of new developments with the redevelopment of the Buttermarket which houses Empire Cinema as well as lots of new places to eat - Cosy Club is one of my favorite places to go!

Ipswich is a town so there is lots to do as a Student but not so much its overwhelming :tongue:

Andrew
Reply 6
Hi Andrew - What's the student accommodation like and is there anywhere you would recommend?
Original post by ElliotJ91
Hi Andrew - What's the student accommodation like and is there anywhere you would recommend?

Hi Elliot - at the University of Suffolk there is accredited on campus accommodation which is Athena Hall. This is where I lived for two years whilst studying. It offers modern student accommodation with all rooms coming with en-suites, a double bed and you share a kitchen typically between 4-7 people dependent what flat you are in. This is the student accommodation where most students live however there are other accommodations blocks available such as Number 75 and Spring Court. I recommend checking out the Uni website which details a lot more information about the accommodation on offer. :smile:

Andrew
Reply 8
Original post by University of Suffolk Graduate
Hi Elliot - at the University of Suffolk there is accredited on campus accommodation which is Athena Hall. This is where I lived for two years whilst studying. It offers modern student accommodation with all rooms coming with en-suites, a double bed and you share a kitchen typically between 4-7 people dependent what flat you are in. This is the student accommodation where most students live however there are other accommodations blocks available such as Number 75 and Spring Court. I recommend checking out the Uni website which details a lot more information about the accommodation on offer. :smile:

Andrew

Thanks for that - useful to know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending