The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Renting or buying a bike

hi! i'll be moving to kent for this september intake and id like to know where, if possible, would i be able to rent or buy a bike? how much would it usually cost? thank you in advance!
Original post by Anonymous
hi! i'll be moving to kent for this september intake and id like to know where, if possible, would i be able to rent or buy a bike? how much would it usually cost? thank you in advance!

Hi,

That is great news! We cannot wait to welcome you soon.

There are some options about renting a bike which might suit you. It depends on where you are going to be based and how often you would like to rent a bike.

The universities bike hiring facility (called the cycle hub) would be ideal if you live on campus. You can find out more here. You can rent these weekly (£20 plus deposit of £50) or termly (£50 plus deposit of £50). If you have any questions about hiring the bikes, you can call the cycle hub on 01227 827 223 or visit The Pavilion reception (Cycle Hub opening hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 2pm to 6pm). If you are going to buy a bike and also live on campus, the cycle hub offer several maintenance services such as puncture repair for £5. You can find more about this here.

You can also hire a bike from Kent Cycles (based in Canterbury town centre, close to the bus station). More information about their process and prices can be found here.

I hope this helps, do let us know if you have any more questions, bike or uni related. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
That's really helpful! Thank You Alia!

Original post by University of Kent
Hi,

That is great news! We cannot wait to welcome you soon.

There are some options about renting a bike which might suit you. It depends on where you are going to be based and how often you would like to rent a bike.

The universities bike hiring facility (called the cycle hub) would be ideal if you live on campus. You can find out more here. You can rent these weekly (£20 plus deposit of £50) or termly (£50 plus deposit of £50). If you have any questions about hiring the bikes, you can call the cycle hub on 01227 827 223 or visit The Pavilion reception (Cycle Hub opening hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 2pm to 6pm). If you are going to buy a bike and also live on campus, the cycle hub offer several maintenance services such as puncture repair for £5. You can find more about this here.

You can also hire a bike from Kent Cycles (based in Canterbury town centre, close to the bus station). More information about their process and prices can be found here.

I hope this helps, do let us know if you have any more questions, bike or uni related. :smile:

Alia
Original post by Anonymous
That's really helpful! Thank You Alia!

No worries! Do let us know if you have any more questions, whenever they pop into your head.

Alia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending