The Student Room Group

Uni help

So me and my friend are going different unis but we’ve always planned to live together so student accommodation wasn’t gonna work. We’ve been trying to find flats in/around London mainly looking at the Stratford area and around because that’s where my uni is and my friend’s is a couple tubes away and it’s near enough for us to only have to take one train back home. The only issues is that it’s expensive as hell and we don’t know what to do.

I just wanted to know what someone in my situation would do and also who would it be best to go to find the best place to live? Like estate agent wise because we have no idea.

We’ve given ourselves a budget of £2600 a month at most but ideally we’re looking for any around £2000 a month.
Reply 1
Original post by IrrelevantAsMwah
So me and my friend are going different unis but we’ve always planned to live together so student accommodation wasn’t gonna work. We’ve been trying to find flats in/around London mainly looking at the Stratford area and around because that’s where my uni is and my friend’s is a couple tubes away and it’s near enough for us to only have to take one train back home. The only issues is that it’s expensive as hell and we don’t know what to do.

I just wanted to know what someone in my situation would do and also who would it be best to go to find the best place to live? Like estate agent wise because we have no idea.

We’ve given ourselves a budget of £2600 a month at most but ideally we’re looking for any around £2000 a month.

not an estate agent but my cousin went through something similar where her man went to a central london uni and she was slightly outside so they eventually found a place in the middle so both had to commute (train for her and bus/tube for him) but they managed and found it fairer than only one doing the commute so widen your search area.

also prime time to search is once the current academic year ends so loads of private renting leases will end when students move home for summer so keep an eye out on rightmove etc from now and june
Original post by IrrelevantAsMwah

Hi @IrrelevantAsMwah,

Have you and your friend asked your unis to see if they have lists of accommodation providers?

I know you're not planning on student accommodation like halls, but your uni may have contacts for landlords/student housing companies you could approach.

Good luck with your search!

Amy
University of Suffolk Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending