The Student Room Group

CleverSquirrel and The Holy Gains

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by CleverSquirrel
Day 2, 7/07/2017

Got woken up early today by the builders outside hammering away at a wall 8am :sad: I like my sleep so this was an issue you see… Since I was up around the school run time, I offered to take my brother to school this morning, so I made him walk! A 15 min brisk walk in nice cool weather was nice (he was late-ooops)

Got back and had porridge and glass of milk for breaky!! I actually weighed it and logged it all into MFP so that started off really well!! 189 calories to be exact! (I made it with milk hence slightly higher!)

Then I decided to revise for a bit, until it got really warm, and the heat makes me sleepy- so an excuse for a nap ammarite?! So I had a 20 min nap before mother dearest woke me up for being lazy :rolleyes:

Had a salmon and feta salad for lunch today! 242 calories in that one, ngl I added salad croutons because… well who doesn’t love croutons?! (DW I added that onto MFP too :biggrin: )

After a bit more revision, I headed off to the gym!! Finally, it was open today so here’s what went on! (sorry for the bad technical language that’ll make you gym freaks cringe- but I’m learning okay!? :rofl: )

Stretched beforehand, I have rotator cuff tendonitis in my left shoulder so I must be careful!

Treadmill 20 mins
Rowing machine 10 mins (shoulder started hurting so I stopped at intervals)

(stopped in between to chat to people around while I rested :lol: )

AND THEN THE WORST THING HAPPENED!!! The PT there is a friend of mine so he thought it would be a good idea to make me to do a cardio circuit smh…(I don’t like him at the moment because I hurt so much) Here’s what he made me do (bless him he joined in with me for moral support :colondollar: )

3k Rowing (shoulder is throbbing after this :cry2: )
20k Biking
5k Running
3k Crosstrainer (he thought it’d be fun to add this in- oh it was the opposite of fun :mad: )

(Awkward moment of the day- after we finished the circuit, a fit guy walked past as I was semi passed out on the side with my PT and he asked if I was okay…. How did I respond? I gave him a thumbs up- fml)

Note to self- boobs and cardio don’t mix- double up on the sports bra next time! :rolleyes:

Finally when I got home it was time to make dinner! (Hopped into the shower before :lol: )
Had chicken curry with rice- 514 calories to be exact! It was soo good! Carbs are heavenly! Yum!! (I don’t normally like curry but idk whats going on with me recently :rofl: )

Had bits of fruit throughout the day,so food wise it was good today! (I think?) and a cheeky Cornetto for dessert but shh we don’t talk about that :colone:

Calories Burned: 1027 (according to MFP)

Calorie Intake: 1093 (Juuuuust a lil bit under)

Water: 3.1 litres!

I’m shattered and feeling drained, emotionally and physically!

I’m gonna have quick shower and dive into bed! I’ve got work tomorrow so have to be up at 8am- things I do for money hey :rolleyes:

Squirrel Signing out :h:

It seems you are doing very well, well done :biggrin:

also perhaps a little well imo.

I am not surprised you are feeling shattered and drained, emotionally and physically ...burning that amount of calories on that calorie intake ...when last week you were a couch potato.

in my experience if you start out too hard with these gym or exercise routines .. within like a month you will crash and burn ...and mentally [and sometimes physically] be unable to continue ...and then it takes like another two months or something for you to get your head together enough to give it another try.

you are better sticking off to a regime which is challenging, but does not mentally and physically empty you. That way you can sustain it for many months or sustain it indefinitely.
Original post by ANM775
It seems you are doing very well, well done :biggrin:

also perhaps a little well imo.

I am not surprised you are feeling shattered and drained, emotionally and physically ...burning that amount of calories on that calorie intake ...when last week you were a couch potato.

in my experience if you start out too hard with these gym or exercise routines .. within like a month you will crash and burn ...and mentally [and sometimes physically] be unable to continue ...and then it takes like another two months or something for you to get your head together enough to give it another try.

you are better sticking off to a regime which is challenging, but does not mentally and physically empty you. That way you can sustain it for many months or sustain it indefinitely.

:biggrin: thanks
haha the couch potato thing was 100% accurate haha

hmmmm so maybe turn it down a touch? ive replaced my basketball with the gym, but that was less intense?
Original post by loveleest
LOL the whole breakfast fasting up your metabloism or whatever is 100% a myth and I thought like that for ages. But it is a huge myth and breakfast isn't needed.

Most people seem to agree that breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. I can't comment on the whole metabolism thing though.
I have no idea where you're getting your information from.

Spoiler

Original post by cbreef
Most people seem to agree that breakfast is THE most important meal of the day. I can't comment on the whole metabolism thing though.

Spoiler

LOL everyone has different opinions I guess. I prefer not eating breakfast imo, I just feel like it isnt needed and definately not the most important me for me
Reply 84
:biggrin: thanks
haha the couch potato thing was 100% accurate haha

hmmmm so maybe turn it down a touch? ive replaced my basketball with the gym, but that was less intense?

I would say aim for like a 750 calorie deficit each day between exercise and your diet. There are websites that will calculate the amount of calories you need to sustain your weight each day. Use such a website and select low physical activity when it asks you how much exercise you do each day as this will tell you how much calories you can eat each day and not gain weight if doing no exercise.

then between your exercise and food try and obtain a 750 calorie deficit from this number.

you should loose 1 and a half pounds a week on that or 6 pounds a month

alternatively aim for a 500 calorie deficit each day and loose 4lbs a month :smile:
Original post by King42415
The builder thing is unfortunate and the effectively forced exercise is annoying, but you got a lot healthy exercise and calorie intake, which is good :smile:

ikr! i love my sleep! thank you!! it was really hard haha

Original post by ANM775
I would say aim for like a 750 calorie deficit each day between exercise and your diet. There are websites that will calculate the amount of calories you need to sustain your weight each day. Use such a website and select low physical activity when it asks you how much exercise you do each day as this will tell you how much calories you can eat each day and not gain weight if doing no exercise.

then between your exercise and food try and obtain a 750 calorie deficit from this number.

you should loose 1 and a half pounds a week on that or 6 pounds a month

alternatively aim for a 500 calorie deficit each day and loose 4lbs a month :smile:

ohhh okay i see, ill try and get that then, oh really? lets see if it works!!
thank you sooo much!! :colondollar:
Original post by cupcakes87
you are already fit af :sexface:

hahaha shh you :blush:
hahaha shh you :blush:

prsom :cry2:

seriously though, this will motivate me! :biggrin:
Reply 88

ohhh okay i see, ill try and get that then, oh really? lets see if it works!!
thank you sooo much!! :colondollar:

here's one :smile:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
Original post by cupcakes87
prsom :cry2:

seriously though, this will motivate me! :biggrin:

hahaha we can do this together!!

thank you dearest!!
Day 2, 7/07/2017

Got woken up early today by the builders outside hammering away at a wall 8am :sad: I like my sleep so this was an issue you see… Since I was up around the school run time, I offered to take my brother to school this morning, so I made him walk! A 15 min brisk walk in nice cool weather was nice (he was late-ooops)

Got back and had porridge and glass of milk for breaky!! I actually weighed it and logged it all into MFP so that started off really well!! 189 calories to be exact! (I made it with milk hence slightly higher!)

Then I decided to revise for a bit, until it got really warm, and the heat makes me sleepy- so an excuse for a nap ammarite?! So I had a 20 min nap before mother dearest woke me up for being lazy :rolleyes:

Had a salmon and feta salad for lunch today! 242 calories in that one, ngl I added salad croutons because… well who doesn’t love croutons?! (DW I added that onto MFP too :biggrin: )

After a bit more revision, I headed off to the gym!! Finally, it was open today so here’s what went on! (sorry for the bad technical language that’ll make you gym freaks cringe- but I’m learning okay!? :rofl: )

Stretched beforehand, I have rotator cuff tendonitis in my left shoulder so I must be careful!

Treadmill 20 mins
Rowing machine 10 mins (shoulder started hurting so I stopped at intervals)

(stopped in between to chat to people around while I rested :lol: )

AND THEN THE WORST THING HAPPENED!!! The PT there is a friend of mine so he thought it would be a good idea to make me to do a cardio circuit smh…(I don’t like him at the moment because I hurt so much) Here’s what he made me do (bless him he joined in with me for moral support :colondollar: )

3k Rowing (shoulder is throbbing after this :cry2: )
20k Biking
5k Running
3k Crosstrainer (he thought it’d be fun to add this in- oh it was the opposite of fun :mad: )

(Awkward moment of the day- after we finished the circuit, a fit guy walked past as I was semi passed out on the side with my PT and he asked if I was okay…. How did I respond? I gave him a thumbs up- fml)

Note to self- boobs and cardio don’t mix- double up on the sports bra next time! :rolleyes:

Finally when I got home it was time to make dinner! (Hopped into the shower before :lol: )
Had chicken curry with rice- 514 calories to be exact! It was soo good! Carbs are heavenly! Yum!! (I don’t normally like curry but idk whats going on with me recently :rofl: )

Had bits of fruit throughout the day,so food wise it was good today! (I think?) and a cheeky Cornetto for dessert but shh we don’t talk about that :colone:

Calories Burned: 1027 (according to MFP)

Calorie Intake: 1093 (Juuuuust a lil bit under)

Water: 3.1 litres!

I’m shattered and feeling drained, emotionally and physically!

I’m gonna have quick shower and dive into bed! I’ve got work tomorrow so have to be up at 8am- things I do for money hey :rolleyes:

Squirrel Signing out :h:

Sorry< only just seen this as just got home from London. I advise anyone not to travel to Bristol (about 35 miles west of me), then to London and then back again in less than 12 hours haha :lol:

Well done Squirrel! I promise I'll start my regime tomorrow (or looking at it anyway! :tongue:)
hx

apparently I walked 14.4 miles today though. 28,108 steps according to my pedometer on my phone :smile:
Original post by Jack22031994
apparently I walked 14.4 miles today though. 28,108 steps according to my pedometer on my phone :smile:

thats alot!!!
thats alot!!!

Yeah broke my record! :woo: I was walking a lot today, all round Bristol and then all round London too! :tongue:
Original post by Jack22031994
Yeah broke my record! :woo: I was walking a lot today, all round Bristol and then all round London too! :tongue:

oooooh im proud! well done!
oooooh im proud! well done!

ah thank you! :h: same to you too! :smile:
106 posts, only two of them actual blog posts. Hmm
Original post by shawn_o1
106 posts, only two of them actual blog posts. Hmm

Haha its a mix of motivation and advice from everyone, itll die down :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by cbreef

Spoiler

Original post by loveleest
LOL everyone has different opinions I guess. I prefer not eating breakfast imo, I just feel like it isnt needed and definately not the most important me for me

You're both right! For some people, breakfast is really important as it prevents high-calorie snacking throughout the morning until lunchtime and results in a lower overall energy intake during the day. For others, who can manage without breakfast AND continue through to lunch without snacking (like me), it can work really well to skip breakfast and fast from dinner until the following day's lunch. Just depends on how you 'work', really.
I would recommend a cup of premium grade matcha with soy milk and sweetener for breakfast.

Curbs cravings for hours, and releases a steady flow of energy which helps concentration. Also makes your skin glow.

Taking multi-vitamins also helps prevent cravings/ binge eating. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest