The Student Room Group

Anyone Studied A Levels at Open Study College?

I’ve recently just enrolled in 3 A Levels to study online (Business Studies, Economics and Politics). Has anyone had experience with the Open Study college? Specifically A Level?
Reply 1
Hi, I'm planning to enrol onto A-Levels Business Studies, History and English Literature with Open Study College this weekend!! How are you finding it so far?? Are the course materials good?? I have some coursework subjects, do you? If so - have you looked at the materials for those too? Any info you have would be great, I'm looking forward to enrolling but I'm also slightly nervous! Thanks :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lmbb
Hi, I'm planning to enrol onto A-Levels Business Studies, History and English Literature with Open Study College this weekend!! How are you finding it so far?? Are the course materials good?? I have some coursework subjects, do you? If so - have you looked at the materials for those too? Any info you have would be great, I'm looking forward to enrolling but I'm also slightly nervous! Thanks :smile:

Finally, A reply! Yes, Someone is studying A Level Business aswell. I’ve been going through the material, To me the content has been great and has been easy to understand, Any problems I’ve run into I’ve googled. The tutors respond super fast, I emailed both my tutors yesterday, It took my Politics tutor 16 minutes to reply and my Business Studies & Economics tutor less than half an hour! Unfortunately I don’t take any coursework subjects, Mine are all exam based! I think you should totally enroll, I haven’t run into a single problem. I’ve been spending 2 or 3 hours daily on it the. Spending 1.5x that time writing notes as extra study. It’s been helpful so far!
Reply 3
Ah! That sounds great - I'm really looking forward to it :smile: Did you choose the study pack or online option? I'm going to choose the study pack, if you did - how much content are you sent per subject? (lever arch files full etc.?) Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by lmbb
Ah! That sounds great - I'm really looking forward to it :smile: Did you choose the study pack or online option? I'm going to choose the study pack, if you did - how much content are you sent per subject? (lever arch files full etc.?) Thanks!

I chose the online option, Just so it’s easier to access and don’t have to worry about losing papers BUT Two of my
Courses are PDF so I can print them off! I’m sure you’ll receive a lot of content.
Hey guys!

I've been considering taking a subject via Open Study College (Level 3 Certificate on World War One). I know it's rather different from an A level, but I was wondering if you thought it was worth taking?

Is there anything you would advise while studying as well?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Hey guys!

I've been considering taking a subject via Open Study College (Level 3 Certificate on World War One). I know it's rather different from an A level, but I was wondering if you thought it was worth taking?

Is there anything you would advise while studying as well?

Thank you :smile:

I’m not quite sure on what you’re planning on doing in the future so I cannot say whether it is worth taking, If it is relevant to your future then of course it’s worth it! Level 3 is the equivalent of an A-Level if I’m not mistaken.

I study with Open Study College as well and advice I’d give anyone willing to take it On is, Motivation is slow to come across and it is likely you won’t feel motivated at some stage but it’s nice to set rewards for you to work to. Personally I’d wake up and say I’ll study a full week and Atleast 5 chapters and then on the weekend I can go somewhere, If I don’t I won’t go as I don’t deserve it. Also always remember exactly the reason why you’re studying, For me I’m studying for university to get me closer to my dream career.

P.S as you start studying you’ll find which way is best to help you in studying!
Original post by AidenHa
I’m not quite sure on what you’re planning on doing in the future so I cannot say whether it is worth taking, If it is relevant to your future then of course it’s worth it! Level 3 is the equivalent of an A-Level if I’m not mistaken.

I study with Open Study College as well and advice I’d give anyone willing to take it On is, Motivation is slow to come across and it is likely you won’t feel motivated at some stage but it’s nice to set rewards for you to work to. Personally I’d wake up and say I’ll study a full week and Atleast 5 chapters and then on the weekend I can go somewhere, If I don’t I won’t go as I don’t deserve it. Also always remember exactly the reason why you’re studying, For me I’m studying for university to get me closer to my dream career.

P.S as you start studying you’ll find which way is best to help you in studying!

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm also using it to help me get into university actually - I'm hoping to study history/archaeology/a combination of the two, and I'm 1 grade below the requirement for my dream uni, so I've been thinking about using it to improve my application. :smile:

I think I might contact OSC directly and ask a couple of questions about the course itself, but I think I might go ahead with it :smile:
Reply 8
Hey guys! Any updates on how you're doing? I ordered my courses this week and I'm so nervous! I will also be doing Business Studies! Also English Lang.
Reply 9
Original post by AidenHa
I’ve recently just enrolled in 3 A Levels to study online (Business Studies, Economics and Politics). Has anyone had experience with the Open Study college? Specifically A Level?

How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest