The Student Room Group

External A-Level outside of school

I really want to do A-Level Geography, however the sixth form I want to go to doesn't offer it, so instead is there a way I can do it outside of school, using a specific A-Level site then just register to do the exam at my school. Also if anyone knows what site I can use please tell me.
Hello, Hope you are well.

You would most likely need to speak with your school about using an education provider whilst studying there, because at mine for example we are not allowed to use one as part of a contract we signed (you may not have signed one, but point still stands) and is reason to expel us. If you are however, you can use online providers such as the Open Study College, Oxbridge or UK Open college however all charge you for the course and OSC for example just gives you the course, not really a tutor so it is worth looking into things like that. You can also choose to have exam fees included, which is extra to pay, or register at a local test centre separately that acknowledges external applicants as your school may not (can be a bit of a hassle). Otherwise, a fun way to do it online is take a gap year so you can work to pay for the course, study it and do extra things like volunteering abroad or even learning an instrument which is likely to boost your application for university if you want to apply.

Feel free to ask me any more questions you may have, hope this helps:smile:
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending