The Student Room Group

Geography offer holders 2024!

Hi guys! :smile:

Just wanted to try find anyone else who's got an offer to study geography October 2024 and maybe get to know some of the cohort. If you're an offer holder, please drop in and say hi!

I've got an offer from Mansfield college, which colleges have you guys got?

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
I got an offer from Jesus college. Rn I'm studying maths, geography and economics for A-levels. Wbu?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,
I got an offer from Jesus college. Rn I'm studying maths, geography and economics for A-levels. Wbu?

Cool! I'm doing econ, geography and psychology. Did you do an open application?
Reply 3
Original post by Studying Pigeon
Hello,

Nope, I put down Keble pre-interview (I liked the bricks they had tbh 😭), then got reallocated to jesus (which I think seems like a really cool place).

Did you do an open application?
Reply 4
Don't mind the name btw, idk what I was thinking 😭

How are you finding A-levels so far? Is your school doing mocks right now?
Original post by Nonoyeah
Don't mind the name btw, idk what I was thinking 😭

How are you finding A-levels so far? Is your school doing mocks right now?

Nah the name's fine lol. Honestly I'm pretty happy with A levels, not too stressed with studying but tbh I've struggled to get back revision after Christmas not knowing until today if I'd get an offer. No mocks, we did them in November and again in March but none now. How are you getting on?
Reply 6
For the most part calm, I have mocks in feb sometime so should be fun lol…
Few topics in geo and econ feel like a hit and miss (few really enjoyable the others meh)
Are you going to attend offer day?it’s in February right?
For the most part calm, I have mocks in feb sometime so should be fun lol…
Few topics in geo and econ feel like a hit and miss (few really enjoyable the others meh)
Are you going to attend offer day?it’s in February right?

Oh not sure when it is, defo want to go tho! Also, what college did you get?

Nope, I put down Keble pre-interview (I liked the bricks they had tbh 😭), then got reallocated to jesus (which I think seems like a really cool place).

No, I applied for Mansfield since I had met 2 people from oxford and both went there lol. Sorry about Keble, Jesus is cool though
Reply 9
I got it from Jesus college
Have you visited Oxford before or any of the colleges?

Oops sorry I got confused about the colleges when your name changed from annonymous, my bad. Yeah, I've been a few times and I love it! I almost applied to st Edmund or Hertford, love the pretty colleges
Reply 11
My tsr is bugging it didn’t let me see the second half of ur message. Sorry my previous q was made redundant oof

Is Mansfield close to the geography department where the lectures are(the school of geography and environment I think it’s called)?
Reply 12

Oops sorry I got confused about the colleges when your name changed from annonymous, my bad. Yeah, I've been a few times and I love it! I almost applied to st Edmund or Hertford, love the pretty colleges

Oops my bad I should have made it clearer.
I was thinking of putting Hertford down myself. My final decision was based on spin the wheel when I got Keble tbh 😭

Just wanted to try find anyone else who's got an offer to study geography October 2024 and maybe get to know some of the cohort. If you're an offer holder, please drop in and say hi!

Hi I got into mansfield aswell to do theology tho. Do you know any other mansfield ppl ur the first i’ve seen
My tsr is bugging it didn’t let me see the second half of ur message. Sorry my previous q was made redundant oof

Is Mansfield close to the geography department where the lectures are(the school of geography and environment I think it’s called)?

Yeah Mansfield's almost on the same road as the department! Where abouts is Jesus college? I've never visited that one
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi I got into mansfield aswell to do theology tho. Do you know any other mansfield ppl ur the first i’ve seen

I haven't been able to find anyone else either, nice to meet you!

Got one from catz 🔐
Original post by binkbonkshush
Got one from catz 🔐

Congratulations! How are you finding A levels?
Reply 18

Yeah Mansfield's almost on the same road as the department! Where abouts is Jesus college? I've never visited that one

From what I remember it's on turl street so it isn't too far from the place I think
Reply 19
Hello,

That’s so strange! I applied to Worcester (who can resist a lake) and got pooled to Keble. I’ve never even been there but everyone talks about the bricks??!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending