The Student Room Group

Road to 100kg Bench

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Proxenus
also aiming 100 but last bench session 80kg 3x5 :5,5,4

any tips

Presumably you're aiming for 3 x 5. I used to do that. After a point, it's no longer enough work to spur progress. If you are missing reps, you're actually doing less work when you probably need more. As well as echoing @illusionz's suggestions, I'd also recommend not using a weight you're likely to miss reps with too often - it's fine (and necessary) to try occasionally to get PRs, but most of the time it's a good idea to keep a rep or two in the tank.
Original post by Smack
Presumably you're aiming for 3 x 5. I used to do that. After a point, it's no longer enough work to spur progress. If you are missing reps, you're actually doing less work when you probably need more. As well as echoing @illusionz's suggestions, I'd also recommend not using a weight you're likely to miss reps with too often - it's fine (and necessary) to try occasionally to get PRs, but most of the time it's a good idea to keep a rep or two in the tank.

how old r u Lol. u gave advice on petroleum jobs few years Back and still here 😂
how old r u Lol. u gave advice on petroleum jobs few years Back and still here 😂

How old are you? You were looking at advice for petroleum jobs a few years ago and are still here.
Original post by Smack
How old are you? You were looking at advice for petroleum jobs a few years ago and are still here.

I've finished uni now so gonna look for jobs but last time I job hunted it was 72/72 rejections.
Original post by Smack

That'll teach you to draw attention to yourself by giving assistance.

I too am well old and still keep a blog here as it's as good a place as any.

Quick Reply

Latest