The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

How likely is it that I'll get a place in halls?

I had Brookes as my insurance and I got accepted today but I don't find out what hall I'm allocated to until September 1st. Is it likely that I'll get a place in halls or should I start looking for flatshares?
Original post by fionnghualah
I had Brookes as my insurance and I got accepted today but I don't find out what hall I'm allocated to until September 1st. Is it likely that I'll get a place in halls or should I start looking for flatshares?

At the open day I attended, they did make a point of saying there was a place in halls for every first year. Whether that was true is anyone's guess, but I got allocated my first-choice hall today, so maybe you'll get yours?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by fionnghualah

Hi fionnghualah

Thanks for getting in touch, we're looking forward to welcoming you to Oxford Brookes :smile:

I can't say whether it's likely you'll get a place in halls at this point, as we are still finalising everything and nothing is certain yet! I'd recommend you wait and see whether you are allocated a room - if you are not, the Accommodation Team will support you in finding a flatshare. They should be able to give you all the info you need when they get in touch, but if you have any questions for them you can get in touch on [email protected] or 03451 932425 :smile:

All the best

Alice
Oxford Brooke University
I'm in the same situation. It's slightly unnerving that we won't know where we are until the 1st September (since the course date for most people is the 18th September, that's not very long to find alternative accommodation if we don't get halls) but from my understanding Brookes will help people find accommodation outside of halls if they can't give us somewhere on campus.
Original post by memoriial
I'm in the same situation. It's slightly unnerving that we won't know where we are until the 1st September (since the course date for most people is the 18th September, that's not very long to find alternative accommodation if we don't get halls) but from my understanding Brookes will help people find accommodation outside of halls if they can't give us somewhere on campus.

Hi memoriial

Sorry to hear you're nervous! There's nothing to worry about - you're right, if you don't get a place in halls, our Accommodation Team is here to make sure you have somewhere to live for the start of your course :smile:

All the best

Alice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending