The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accommodation at Cardiff University

I would be starting psychology at Cardiff in September and am looking for accommodation. I was considering Aberdare Hall, because of its close location. But, I could not find any pictures of the shared bathrooms in the website or anywhere on the internet actually. Could I know what the bathrooms are like and where I can see pictures of it?
And I think I will be staying at the Garden Wing since I’d want to be self-catered, how are the conditions of the rooms like, are they well maintained?

I was also considering Student houses (Colum Road/Place), also can’t find pictured of the shared bathrooms, so what are they like? And is it difficult to do laundry at Aberconway Hall, like is it very far? And generally how are the conditions of the room like? And if I requested to be housed with all females, how likely will my request be followed through?

I’m looking at the more affordable options, and also want to prioritise as much storage space as possible. I don’t mind sharing bathrooms
Thank you!!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I would be starting psychology at Cardiff in September and am looking for accommodation. I was considering Aberdare Hall, because of its close location. But, I could not find any pictures of the shared bathrooms in the website or anywhere on the internet actually. Could I know what the bathrooms are like and where I can see pictures of it?
And I think I will be staying at the Garden Wing since I’d want to be self-catered, how are the conditions of the rooms like, are they well maintained?
I was also considering Student houses (Colum Road/Place), also can’t find pictured of the shared bathrooms, so what are they like? And is it difficult to do laundry at Aberconway Hall, like is it very far? And generally how are the conditions of the room like? And if I requested to be housed with all females, how likely will my request be followed through?
I’m looking at the more affordable options, and also want to prioritise as much storage space as possible. I don’t mind sharing bathrooms
Thank you!!!
Hi there,
I'm sorry - I don't have photos of the Aberdare bathrooms unfortunately and have never used them myself. I've been told that there are some cubicles and some individual bathrooms. They'll usually be one bathroom for every 3-4 students.

I was in Student Houses (Village) and it was just a normal individual bathroom with a toilet, shower and sink. We had 3 bathrooms in a house of 10 students.

I'm sorry that I can't help more but I'll try to get back to you with some more information!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending