The Student Room Group

Can i claim to of got the highest mark in the country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mvpmb2020
It Proves I'm a Really Good Student In a particular discipline, actually.

Not so good at grammar though, are we?
Original post by Spratty
By that logic I'm the best BTEC extended diploma student in the country considering I got 18/18 units at distinction level. 😀

yeah and Im the best in the country at C2, D1,S1 because i got the hiGHEST MARK 100UMSSS!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO ill tell cambridge they better accept me :wink:
Original post by perks23
yeah and Im the best in the country at C2, D1,S1 because i got the hiGHEST MARK 100UMSSS!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOO ill tell cambridge they better accept me :wink:

forget that you BETTER TELL THE MEDIA!! you deserve international coverage :u:
God knows what your UMS for English Language would've been.
Original post by PedanticStudent
I also did not drop a single mark in the business A level exams but I prefer to keep it to myself, but that is just me. (I'm only saying it now to illustrate my point). It is also quite sad that your sixth form has to validate themselves by making such an arrogant claim.

But that is my opinion. You are entitled to think what you like and claim what you like.

woahhh you have ego and self esteem problems, so far you've mentioned the OPs "ego" and his "arrogant" school, but what about you? why are you so salty? just enjoy your grades mate
Original post by Cicilaw
woahhh you have ego and self esteem problems, so far you've mentioned the OPs "ego" and his "arrogant" school, but what about you? why are you so salty? just enjoy your grades mate

fairtrade sign.JPG
Original post by perks23

I feel like you, as well as plenty of other people who replied with salty/sarcastic remarks to this thread are simply using you're "sarcasm" in order to boost yourself with the facade of downplaying the OPs achievement.

Whether you got 100 UMS or not, OP got 100 UMS. His 100 UMS doesn't take away from yours, unless you're feeling SUPER SUPER jealous or something. And that's pretty stupid anyway because 100 UMS, whoever gets it, is an AMAZING achievement.

I don't know if this is a male ego problem or something it's honestly ridiculous
Original post by Cicilaw

Must disagree.

I wasn't telling him not to enjoy his grades.

I was just making observations which seem to be shared by tens of people. I am a straight talker but don't feel the need to passively gloat on TSR.

Of course his mark is impressive, I am not trying to take that away from him but you can't sit there and tell me that this is not an arrogant post.
I also did not drop a single mark in the business A level exams but I prefer to keep it to myself, but that is just me. (I'm only saying it now to illustrate my point). It is also quite sad that your sixth form has to validate themselves by making such an arrogant claim.

But that is my opinion. You are entitled to think what you like and claim what you like.

also this is a heap of false modesty. People who are falsely modest always feel the need to criticise those who talk about their successes. If you ACTUALLY read the threadstarters question, he wasn't showing off at all. Talking about your successes isn't boastful, nor is concealing your achievement any sign of humility.

The only reason you told us about your 100 UMS is because you felt you had to "one up" the OP, which in my opinion is "quite sad"
Original post by Cicilaw
also this is a heap of false modesty. People who are falsely modest always feel the need to criticise those who talk about their successes. If you ACTUALLY read the threadstarters question, he wasn't showing off at all. Talking about your successes isn't boastful, nor is concealing your achievement any sign of humility.

The only reason you told us about your 100 UMS is because you felt you had to "one up" the OP, which in my opinion is "quite sad"

"People who are falsely modest always feel the need to criticise those who talk about their successes."

*criticises me for talking about my success*

I was not criticising his achievements as previously stated. Well done to the OP for achieving 100 UMS in every module like all of the other mega-exceptional politics students. That in itself is a great achievement. You seem to be rather salty yourself and perhaps have some of those self esteem issues you attempted to claim I had.

The focus of this post seems to be something very different and while I appreciate that this may well not be the case, find me somebody who will agree that "I am the best politics student in the country" does not sound arrogant.

Wrong end of the stick buddy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mvpmb2020
It Proves I'm a Really Good Student In a particular discipline, actually.

Incorrect. It proves that you are good at that particular exam and know the specific content of the syllabus.
Original post by Cicilaw

However in the defence of the OP, he did later clarify that the focus of the post was in fact to seek means by which to verify the school's claim, very different to the impression given off at the outset.

I shall apologise to the OP if he feels offended.
Original post by katesprite
No, the point is that it's ironic you're claiming to be the top student in a country when you can't even use proper English.

Using proper English =/= intelligence and it's very annoying that internet grammar nazis keep acting this way.
--
Also yes, I'd too like to point out that the OP did point out he was asking for the sake of his school and those of you who accused him of trying to inflate his ego are clearly in the wrong. Props to PedanticStudent for actually recognising that.
(edited 6 years ago)
I got 100 UMS in unit 1 politics edexcel ahha and i know a few others that did as well.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sahil19
I got 100 UMS in unit 1 politics edexcel ahha and i know a few others that did as well.

Are you an AS student?

Next year will be much easier for you now if so, congratulations, its pretty hard to get max marks on papers.

I cant stress enough how much pressure was taken off my shoulders in A2 after a stellar set of AS results but the new exam system (at least in England anyway) means that we cant nail year 1 and slack off a bit in year 2 haha :frown:((
Are you an AS student?

Next year will be much easier for you now if so, congratulations, its pretty hard to get max marks on papers.

I cant stress enough how much pressure was taken off my shoulders in A2 after a stellar set of AS results but the new exam system (at least in England anyway) means that we cant nail year 1 and slack off a bit in year 2 haha :frown:((

yeah I'm AS! can focus on my other subjects next year while aiming for AAA so yeah I'm buzzing tbh :smile:
"People who are falsely modest always feel the need to criticise those who talk about their successes."

*criticises me for talking about my success*

I was not criticising his achievements as previously stated. Well done to the OP for achieving 100 UMS in every module like all of the other mega-exceptional politics students. That in itself is a great achievement. You seem to be rather salty yourself and perhaps have some of those self esteem issues you attempted to claim I had.

The focus of this post seems to be something very different and while I appreciate that this may well not be the case, find me somebody who will agree that "I am the best politics student in the country" does not sound arrogant.

Wrong end of the stick buddy.

I don't believe those were his words..AND I'm not criticising you for stating your achievement I said it myself 100 UMS is amazing for anyone. It's just the fact that you're response was along the lines of "Why are you talking? I did the same and I'm not talking"
Original post by UWS
That you don't have to brag about your grades and claiming that you got the "highest in the country", it proves nothing.

I'm not even OP but there's nothing wrong with being proud of yourself and telling people. As usual the TSR support team is being bitter.

I remember I messed up my coursework for one of my gcse's so I needed full marks in both exams to scrape an A overall. I actually did it and I was hyped for months. It proves OP is a hardworker, dedicated to his studies, works well under pressure and knows a lot about the subject.

Original post by Cubone-r
Incorrect. It proves that you are good at that particular exam and know the specific content of the syllabus.

Why is it that every time I see your username pop up, you're being wrong about something.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Spratty
By that logic I'm the best BTEC extended diploma student in the country considering I got 18/18 units at distinction level. 😀

lol BTECs
Original post by Ljubljana
lol BTECs

Haha I get the joke, because BTEC people are dumber, right?

lol keep on feeding your ego, you won't get far.

Quick Reply

Latest