The Student Room Group

Can i claim to of got the highest mark in the country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LawlietOrMello

Why is it that every time I see your username pop up, you're being wrong about something.

I don't know, you tell me buddy. :smile:
Good job there wasn't much focus on grammar
This is total click bait. I don't know if you're excited or just trolling. If the former, then well done anyway.
I'm the best Maths S1 and M1 student in the country then
Two 100s fam
By this logic I probably got the highest Irish A2 mark in England. Maybe, maybe not - who gives a ****?
Original post by Cicilaw
I feel like you, as well as plenty of other people who replied with salty/sarcastic remarks to this thread are simply using you're "sarcasm" in order to boost yourself with the facade of downplaying the OPs achievement.

Whether you got 100 UMS or not, OP got 100 UMS. His 100 UMS doesn't take away from yours, unless you're feeling SUPER SUPER jealous or something. And that's pretty stupid anyway because 100 UMS, whoever gets it, is an AMAZING achievement.

I don't know if this is a male ego problem or something it's honestly ridiculous

Feminist spotted
Original post by PedanticStudent
I would imagine that a handful of other people will have got the same as you. But if your ego requires it and it helps you sleep at night, sure. Why not?

stawwpp I'm cryingggg
I got 90% UMS, I can therefore conclude I am in the top 10 of highest marks in the country
Reply 48
If it is a profound desire of yours to assert yourself as 'the most supreme' in the country, then it should be possible to contact the exam board for the results. However, although you may be a singularity with your grade in school, it does not necessarily mean that there not others who have not been awarded 100 UMS. You've done extraordinarily well, I must admit; the fact that the likelihood of anyone else in the UK having those marks is low, and may disappoint you further.
As a younger student, I received the highest grade in Science in my year (200+ teenagers). I was immensely proud of my achievement, of course.. but I did not tell those in my class, as I did not want them to perceive me as arrogant.
I suggest that you share with your excellent marks with your relatives and close friends, but do not promote yourself as ostentatious in any way. It's unlikely that it will benefit you further in the future from being able to make the statement 'I received the highest marks in the country', so in short terms, I personally would not contact the exam board.
Congratulations on your mark, however - you've achieved lots, and shall strive in the future if you continue to be awarded grades similar to yours in Politics.
Congratulations on that but you should be a little more humble and less arrogant. It's fine to be happy with one's achievement but not claim 'best of the country'. There is ALWAYS someone better than you. There's people doing A level politics in year 8 or 7 or even less. It's fine to be happy but just remember there are better students out there. Peace.
Wtf is a BPSTIC?
Original post by Boredom101
Wtf is a BPSTIC?

Lol, you don't know what a BPSTIC is!

Haha...actually what is a BPSTIC???

I guess I can't really laugh at that.....now I'm just digging myself a deeper hole.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RockSteel
Lol, you don't know what a BPSTIC is!

Haha...actually what is a BPSTIC???

I guess I can't really laugh at that.....now I'm just digging myself a deeper hole.

Loool
I am guessing that a lot of other people got the same as well. Someone could have got more or the same raw marks as you.
Reply 54
Original post by mvpmb2020
Whats your point? You need to get like 95% Raw to get 100 UMS
and the whole point of UMS is to make the marks relative to the performance of others in a given year

Surely someone who got 100% in an essay-based subject should know that 'could of' is not an actual phrase in English.
I didn't know people would find it that funny lmao...

nhah you made the day of a depressing kid that failed their AS results ! tanks
Original post by Emmanuellae
nhah you made the day of a depressing kid that failed their AS results ! tanks

Its AS u can pick it up bro

what did you have? dont be embarrassed we all **** up sometimes such as me in my gcses
Its AS u can pick it up bro

what did you have? dont be embarrassed we all **** up sometimes such as me in my gcses

all I know is that these grades are just too embarrassing to put up here..
pm me, or whatever you call it here.

ps im a girl.. bro.
Original post by Emmanuellae
all I know is that these grades are just too embarrassing to put up here..
pm me, or whatever you call it here.

ps im a girl.. bro.

bro
bro

shuppp LOOOL

Quick Reply

Latest