The Student Room Group

Can i claim to of got the highest mark in the country?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got 100 UMS too. Shall we meet up for a Politics showdown? The best politician shall win.
Original post by PedanticStudent
I would imagine that a handful of other people will have got the same as you. But if your ego requires it and it helps you sleep at night, sure. Why not?

savage
Reply 62
I don't think it's bragging, I mean if you went to a job interview and it said 'Achieved highest mark in country' that would look good, don't get why people are being salty in here.
I got Full 300 ums in A2 maths exams but that doesn't mean I'm the best in country . . I achieved 75/75 in core 3, 74/75 in mechanics and 70/75 in core 4 .. this doesn't mean I'm the highest ... some further maths people im sure have done better than me .
whats a BPSTIC?
Original post by mvpmb2020
For Edexcel Politics A level, I achieved 100UMS in all units.
Can I claim to be the BPSTIC? Or do I have to accept that someone might of got higher raw mark, or that many others got 100?

I guess you can. Others may have got the highest mark too though. Congratulations on your A*. I actually got my Edexcel Politics AS on Thursday and I got an A in it. I got 92 UMS for Unit 1 and 73 UMS for Unit 2. So overall 163 UMS.
100 UMS doesn't necessarily mean 100%. But it could, and it's a stellar result, so whatever your raw was, you're pretty damn close
Pointless. I don't think anyone would care if you get the highest or not.
Can I claim to be the BPSTIC? Or do I have to accept that someone might of got higher raw mark, or that many others got 100?

I did the same! I did the UK politics modules at AS and the US politics modules at A2.
Reply 69
Im not sure if things have changed since I did A Levels but cant you get up to 120 UMS per exam?
Original post by Logia
Im not sure if things have changed since I did A Levels but cant you get up to 120 UMS per exam?

It varies depending on the subject. In politics each exam is 100 UMS, allowing for a maximum of 400 UMS.
OP could claim to be the best even if OP does not believe it cuz it cud be true - could.
Plus, it wud be a nice thing for his 6th form so i even recommend it from their standpoint.

Y are ppl going off on tangential debates about their own grades, arguing about who has an ego and OPs arrogance lol, smh TSR is such a peak community
mate its only politics lol relax don't really mean much
I'm best at maths.Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 21.58.02.png
Original post by macdesharko

There will be many good mathematicians who achieved full UMS in their maths modules
No, you're wrong. I must be the best. That's what 100% means, the best. You are the worst.
Original post by macdesharko

Nice. I hear ocr is hard
what does BPSTIC stand for?
Original post by PedanticStudent
I would imagine that a handful of other people will have got the same as you. But if your ego requires it and it helps you sleep at night, sure. Why not?

How tf did you get over 150 reps in a day???

Mate you must have put your blood, sweat and tears into the course! Yeah drop Edexcel a call or email and find out!

Quick Reply

Latest