The Student Room Group

Can i claim to of got the highest mark in the country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
How tf did you get over 150 reps in a day???

This thread was featured on "Today on TSR" haha. It was just exactly what I thought after seeing the post and wasn't trying to be funny lmao but the rep is nice 😊😊
Original post by Asolare
Using proper English =/= intelligence and it's very annoying that internet grammar nazis keep acting this way.

Oh no, you misunderstand. My response is a reply to the OP not understanding another joke about his use of grammar.
I smell narcissism
Considering I've seen at least four people on here with the same mark, I doubt it.
woah. what does BPSTIC mean?
Reply 85
Edexcel Politics A Level is one of the easiest to get 100 UMS in. so no. there are probably quite a few others with the same UMS score as you. and, of course, 100 UMS doesn't mean you got 100% in raw marks.
saddo
Original post by wiwp
Edexcel Politics A Level is one of the easiest to get 100 UMS in. so no. there are probably quite a few others with the same UMS score as you. and, of course, 100 UMS doesn't mean you got 100% in raw marks.

Given his title, I suspect he'll have lost at least one mark on SPAG.
The exam board proactively sends you a letter if you've got one of the highest marks in the country, though usually they say one of the top 5 or something because generally somebody else will have got the same mark as you. At least I know they do for GCSE, I don't know about A Levels, I never did them. This is for overall marks as well, not just for a single paper.
Several people will have also achieved 100 UMS. It doesn't necessarily mean you got full marks (although you might have done), but very close to it. Why do you need to know you're the best in the nation anyway? Why can't you just be satisfied with what you got?
Original post by PedanticStudent
I would imagine that a handful of other people will have got the same as you. But if your ego requires it and it helps you sleep at night, sure. Why not?

Jeez that's more reps than a Schwarzenegger work out
Reply 91
I'm sick of reading these comments. I get this every day of my life.
I dared to get 100 in an A level and question whether it was 1 or 2.
So what? Leave me alone, get a life
Original post by mvpmb2020
I'm sick of reading these comments. I get this every day of my life.
I dared to get 100 in an A level and question whether it was 1 or 2.
So what? Leave me alone, get a life

Get a life? How about you recognise that 100 UMS is not unheard of, and don't post what is an obvious brag.

Source: Got 400/400 UMS in A-Level GovPol
Reply 93
I have stopped watching this thread
its mostly just bored losers trying to put me down
I asked a question
Answer it or F*** off
Reply 94
Original post by xBasedChris
Get a life? How about you recognise that 100 UMS is not unheard of, and don't post what is an obvious brag.

Source: Got 400/400 UMS in A-Level GovPol

The reason I am bragging if you must know, is because I got expelled from school and did the A level all by my self, so it was a pretty big deal to be able to tell them to go F**** themselves. I was not bragging, I was asking a question.
You are going out of your way to try and bring me down, you are the one who needs a life mate. Also, don't say you got full UMS, i worked for that, P**** me off when trolls try to get on my level
The reason I am bragging if you must know, is because I got expelled from school and did the A level all by my self, so it was a pretty big deal to be able to tell them to go F**** themselves. I was not bragging, I was asking a question.
You are going out of your way to try and bring me down, you are the one who needs a life mate. Also, don't say you got full UMS, i worked for that, P**** me off when trolls try to get on my level

I can't say I care about your circumstances, but getting angry just proves the insecurity that your post already suggested.

Demanding I don't say what I, and several others in this thread, got just proves that insecurity again. More than a tiny number get full UMS, and it is something to be proud of, and there is no reason to get angry because people find it absurd that you would presume to be the best of us all.

Also, I'll just say that arrogance is very unattractive.
Reply 97
Original post by xBasedChris
I can't say I care about your circumstances, but getting angry just proves the insecurity that your post already suggested.

Demanding I don't say what I, and several others in this thread, got just proves that insecurity again. More than a tiny number get full UMS, and it is something to be proud of, and there is no reason to get angry because people find it absurd that you would presume to be the best of us all.

I am angry because you assume that by asking I am doing so for egotistical verification
The reality is that i am just genuinely unsure whether or not getting 100UMS is common and wanted to gauge the scale of my achievement
Of course, doing well in an A level is not the be all and end all of life, but being able to say "I Got the Best in X" can me a nice thing to look back on, I just wanted to know.
Reply 98
I went to a private school for GCSE's and AS and was removed because of ADHD related problems including poor organisational skills and an inability to conform to their strict homework regulations, like proving you had done 3 hours a day
I was told to consider doing BTECS but had another crack at A levels at a local state school
My Politics Teacher really enjoyed hearing my opinions and after i started getting in the same kind of troubles i had at the previous school pleaded to the headmaster that i be given a chance.
I spent most of my time at home studying, able to sleep and live how I was comfterble, and soon gained a weird ability to hyper focus
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8496955.stm
Because I went from U's to 100% , it was a big deal for me. Because it was a bad underpeforming school, it was a big deal for them. Because my D in Chemistry stopped me from studying Politics at my Firm and Insurance choice, it ended up being a nice memory in a dark twist to my A level year
Because of the story the grade came from, I am keen to know what it is and is not. It might be an ego trip, but I don't think its a hugely deplorable one,
Also had a Physco mess with my head the whole year, was nice middle finger thing to shove in her face
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 99
246 reps to the second post. Damn son.

Quick Reply

Latest