The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

Athena Hall Ipswich

Hi there! Want to apply to University of Suffolk and I'm planning on staying in campus with a friend of mine. Can anyone tell me a bit more about studio rooms(haven't found any photos online apart from the floor plans) ? Also I heard some students complain about the noise and the washing machines. Is it really that big of a problem?
Reply 1
I lived in a studio room in Athena. You have to be 21 or over to live in one and effectively it's your own space which includes everything you need. You can either live by yourself or with a partner. The noise depends where your studio is located, if it's located on the courtyard it can get a bit loud on student nights out. There are studio's located in other areas not just the courtyard which tend to be quieter. (Mine was in E block looking over the waterfront which was great)

However if you are staying with a friend I would recommend a shared cluster flat and not a studio as can be more sociable 🤗

With the washing machines you just need to time it right and you will be fine, I tended to do my washing early in the morning and never had any problems. But it can add up money wise!
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Thanks! And can I talk with the Accommodation Board or something so that my friend and I can stay in the same cluster flat?
Original post by AlexHP96
I lived in a studio room in Athena. You have to be 21 or over to live in one and effectively it's your own space which includes everything you need. You can either live by yourself or with a partner. The noise depends where your studio is located, if it's located on the courtyard it can get a bit loud on student nights out. There are studio's located in other areas not just the courtyard which tend to be quieter. (Mine was in E block looking over the waterfront which was great)

However if you are staying with a friend I would recommend a shared cluster flat and not a studio as can be more sociable 🤗

With the washing machines you just need to time it right and you will be fine, I tended to do my washing early in the morning and never had any problems. But it can add up money wise!

Thanks! And can I talk with the Accommodation Board or something so that my friend and I can stay in the same cluster flat?
Hey!

Give Athena Hall a call on 01473 221526 or 07787 225166, they'll be happy to answer any questions you have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending