The Student Room Group

Student Finance Entitlement Letter?

Hi all,

I've logged into my Student Finance account on the www.student-finance.service.gov.uk website to check I have submitted everything in order to receive my payments.
The status is currently reading 'awaiting confirmation' and with the description 'we'll make your payments once your university or college has confirmed you're registered on your course. You might need to give your Student Finance Entitlement letter to your university or college before they can do this.'

I understand that registration won't take place until I arrive at the university, but could anyone explain what the 'Student Finance Entitlement letter' is, as I don't think I have received this yet.

Thanks!
Original post by rosieferrissx
Hi all,

I've logged into my Student Finance account on the www.student-finance.service.gov.uk website to check I have submitted everything in order to receive my payments.
The status is currently reading 'awaiting confirmation' and with the description 'we'll make your payments once your university or college has confirmed you're registered on your course. You might need to give your Student Finance Entitlement letter to your university or college before they can do this.'

I understand that registration won't take place until I arrive at the university, but could anyone explain what the 'Student Finance Entitlement letter' is, as I don't think I have received this yet.

Thanks!

Hi rosieferrissx,

Once your application is approved, you would have been sent a Student Finance Entitlement letter, detailing how much you will receive and proposed payment dates.

You can view this letter from your Correspondence tab, on your online account.

A history of all your correspondence is listed there and the Notification of Entitlement letter, can be viewed and printed from there.

The first payment will be an expected date, it will be submitted when your university confirm your registration.
You can check the progress of your payments online.

You only need take the letter to your university if the request it.

Thanks Rona
My online payments says a different amount to the new student finance entitlement amount which amount is correct
Original post by samjc1981
My online payments says a different amount to the new student finance entitlement amount which amount is correct

Hi, do you have any overpayment?
Thanks, Isaac
I dont think I have recieved the letter when I applied it. How can I get a copy of the letter?
Original post by blob88888888
I dont think I have recieved the letter when I applied it. How can I get a copy of the letter?

Hi there,

The entitlement letter will be on your letters/email section if it is approved. If you have definitely not received the letter, you can start a live chat on your account to request that this letter is issued to you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
where on earth is this correspondence icon
Original post by 72727
where on earth is this correspondence icon

Hi there,

It now says 'my inbox', and it's normally on the top-right of your account.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending