The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons for Student Finance England

Hi all,

My question is that I've submitted the evidence for compelling personal reasons a bit late. 1st September, in fact. This was so that I can receive an extra year's funding of tuition fee. I've already used my extra year which student finance provides as standard.

The wellbeing department of my university believes I have a strong case.

I've been made aware however, that my university requires that tuition fee loans be paid on the 18th, or at least proof of entitlement be shown. My university spoke with student finance, and they confirmed that a decision will be made around the 25th of the month.

So does anyone know if student finance can speed up the process only by a matter of days (before 17th, ideally), or provide a letter showing entitlement? And of course, the latter cannot occur without the former.

Would be great if an advisor from Student Finance could also help with this.

Many thanks,
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by CyberSecurity
Hi all,

My question is that I've submitted the evidence for compelling personal reasons a bit late. 1st September, in fact. This was so that I can receive an extra year's funding of tuition fee. I've already used my extra year which student finance provides as standard.

The wellbeing department of my university believes I have a strong case.

I've been made aware however, that my university requires that tuition fee loans be paid on the 18th, or at least proof of entitlement be shown. My university spoke with student finance, and they confirmed that a decision will be made around the 25th of the month.

So does anyone know if student finance can speed up the process only by a matter of days (before 17th, ideally), or provide a letter showing entitlement? And of course, the latter cannot occur without the former.

Would be great if an advisor from Student Finance could also help with this.

Many thanks,

Hi there, We do not have any fast track service in place, we process evidence received in date order received. The timescales we advise are expected and can change daily. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending