The Student Room Group

2017 Las Vegas Strip shooting: 59 dead, 527 injured

Scroll to see replies

The deadliest mass shooting in US history committed by... A White male.

Imagine Trump's response to this had it been committed by a Muslim.
Original post by Aceadria
There is no evidence to suggest that gun control actually causes a reduction in gun violence.

Nor has anyone ever done a fair randomised control trial to see whether parachutes help the gravitationally challenged.
If this was committed by a 64 year old Muslim with "no connections to terrorist organisations" would it also not be being called a terrorist attack?
Original post by Aceadria
There is no evidence to suggest that gun control actually causes a reduction in gun violence.

In addition to the above, do you know why a deficiency in gun-violence research might exist? Because america, where the vast majority of gun violence occurs, banned gun violence research 20 years ago and continues to do so.
no words
400 injured now... 😭
Reply 67
awful awful news. have people seen the videos? must have been horrific being there.
Reply 68
Check the latest news update.....
ISIS is legit retarded i swear, do they literally claim repaobility for anything without even checking the news lmao

Pretty obvious that it was a mentally deranged white guy using Nevada's lax gun laws to his advantage to kill innocent civilians. You don't see attacks like this anywhere else, America sort your gun problems out. Stop letting mentally deranged people buy military style equipment without even a background check
(edited 6 years ago)
271 mass shootings this year alone, 11572 dead and 23365 injured. Syria or America?
ISIS will be claiming responsibility for my Hemorrhoids before too long.

Imbeciles!
Original post by UWS
"Companion" identified as Marilou Danley, of Asian descent.

In the words of the officer on CNN, not my words before you @me.

what does that have to do with anything tho ??? also she had nothing to do with it...

QUOTE - "Earlier, police announced they were seeking a woman, Marilou Danley, in connection with the shooting.
In his latest update, Sheriff Lombardo said she had now been located outside the United States and was not thought to have played any role." - END QUOTE....
Reply 73
Original post by Imzy010
what does that have to do with anything tho ??? also she had nothing to do with it...

QUOTE - "Earlier, police announced they were seeking a woman, Marilou Danley, in connection with the shooting.
In his latest update, Sheriff Lombardo said she had now been located outside the United States and was not thought to have played any role." - END QUOTE....

Are you asking me or just asking in general?
Original post by Palmyra
If this was committed by a 64 year old Muslim with "no connections to terrorist organisations" would it also not be being called a terrorist attack?

It remains the case that right wing white terrorists and perpetrators of racist violence have caused far more deaths in the US in recent years than all the Islamist extremists put together and that's even if you count 9/11. US cops with racist motivations have killed more black people than the 9/11 bodycount.
Original post by Trapz99
271 mass shootings this year alone, 11572 dead and 23365 injured. Syria or America?

Better send in the drones.

It's long been the case that the places most in need of UN intervention are US inner cities.
Original post by UWS
Are you asking me or just asking in general?

loool im asking you? like what relevance does she have to anything and why did u have to mention she was asian lool ???
Reply 77
Original post by Imzy010
loool im asking you? like what relevance does she have to anything and why did u have to mention she was asian lool ???

Oh, Christ. I even put a second comment in my post which I shall repeat here.

"In the words of the officer on CNN, not my words before you @me."

You have seemed to have ignored that completely, I was simply repeating what the officer and news outlets were saying.

What a non-issue.
Original post by Imzy010

Think about when the post you're quoting was mentioned...

Don't react to it as though it was posted 5 minutes ago, you only make yourself look a bit thick.
I think it's important to note that the shooter was white.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending