The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

na221
I think for stress there may be an 18 marker on work stressors as that hasnt been up in a while, and for abnormality possibly an 18 marker on the definitions of abnormality, or models of eatin disorders, I think, dont take my word for it.

Thankyou SOO much!!! :biggrin:
Reply 41

My teacher betted heavily on the biological model being included in the 18 marker as it hasn't been on for years.

Correct. :biggrin:
Reply 42
can anyone answer the most important question,when do we get the results? do they come at the end of the course or is there a date the]at they are issued?
Reply 43
What do you think itd take to get full 18 marks on the abnormality question 4c, i defined 3 definitions, deviation from social norms and ideal mental health and alos statistical infreqency, i talked about how individual differences are not taken into account, cultural reletavism and also for social norms how some behaviour is insted eccentric, and for statistical infrequency i wrote we do not know which behaviuor to choose as some is desirable and agave the example of IQ, for ideal mental health talked about how the criteria is very demnading and not everyone reaches self actualization, im pretty confident ive got full marks but just want to know what everyone else thinks
I was gutted the biological question came as i wanted behaviourism as there's more meat to behaviourism than biological, but i hadn't revised for the 2nd paper at all cos i didn't have enough time so decided to revise memory and attachment in depth and do great in that exam rather than skim through each subject and get what i did before (Ds and Es). I think i did really well in the first paper though :biggrin:

I did quite well with biological assumptions though (i did a2 last year and did all the assumptions to death for unit 5 lol). I wrote about how they believe it was down to neurochemical imbalance and genetic inheritance (i'm sure thare's 1 more but i couldn't think of it in the exam) discussed co-twin methods then evaluated it with the behaviourists saying that they don't take environmental factors into consideration and because it's scientific it wants to be reductionist so therefore leaves out alot of other factors.

The Stress question i complete *******sed as all i could remember was SIT and nothing else and that wasn't exactly in-depth just what i could remember off the top of my head haha.
Reply 45
Psych A Unit 1 - Argh! I think I did alright in it, but I'm predicted an A and I doubt I got it. In the 18 marker on question 4 (about the effects of privation) I wrote a whole paragraph on Hodges & Tizard's study, then thought to myself that that wasn't a study about privation so I crossed out the paragraph, and then, just as the exam was finishing, it struck me that it was about privation (it was the key study), so I ****ed that up.
I'm waiting til the Summer till I resit Abnormality and Stress and I am so annoyed the definations of abnormality came up now!!! I was hoping for that in June, and now I have no chance. :s-smilie:

Done Unit 3 today, the Social bit was the best questions ever, the Research Methods were a bit nasty though :frown:
nuodai
Psych A Unit 1 - Argh! I think I did alright in it, but I'm predicted an A and I doubt I got it. In the 18 marker on question 4 (about the effects of privation) I wrote a whole paragraph on Hodges & Tizard's study, then thought to myself that that wasn't a study about privation so I crossed out the paragraph, and then, just as the exam was finishing, it struck me that it was about privation (it was the key study), so I ****ed that up.

I didn't even mention Hodges and Tizard i only mentioned Genie and the Kulochouva twins due to lack of time :s-smilie:
Reply 48
I did spec A today. Answered Q 2 and 3

Q2- 18 marker LOP totaly beauty of a question

Q30 18 marker Ainsworth, another perfect Question

on one of the little questions I even managed to through in some evidence on social development from daycare which was only published in the Times on January 5th 2008!

Good exam!! Fingers crossed!
Reply 49
What were the social influence questions?
Reply 50
I totally messed up on the psychology question i'm really gutted because I thought that it would be an OK exam most likely I have to resit it
How many marks are needed for an A out of the 60 available. I missed half of the 18 marker on the first question, can i still get an A?
notontsranymore
How many marks are needed for an A out of the 60 available. I missed half of the 18 marker on the first question, can i still get an A?

ZOMG !! I did EXACTLY the same thing!!! You didn't, by any chance, do PYA2 and question 2, did you..? Because there was a gender and stress question that was very difficult to evaluate!

Erm, according to this http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCE-BOUND-JAN07.PDF , in Summer 2007, you needed to get 43/62 for PYA1, 41/62 for PYA2 and 40/62 for PYA3, so I would imagine it would hover around that number... you should be okay! :smile:
10thingsIhateaboutyou
ZOMG !! I did EXACTLY the same thing!!! You didn't, by any chance, do PYA2 and question 2, did you..? Because there was a gender and stress question that was very difficult to evaluate!

I did that question as did lots in my year but i think i made up something for an evaluation. :rolleyes:

As for results don't they come out for January modules in March?? :cool:
Scorpio2211
I did that question as did lots in my year but i think i made up something for an evaluation. :rolleyes:

As for results don't they come out for January modules in March?? :cool:

LOL, I knew that question was a bit iffy... I made stuff up too... do you think they'll take this into account..? Damn AQA!!
Yeah the results don't come out till march 13th, but generally the borderlines for raw marks are around the same :smile:
Reply 55
The questions for the Social Influence/Research Methods were the best!It was all the questions I wanted and had practiced the essay question, 'Outline and evaluate research into majority influence' so many times. Just got to hope the answers I gave were as good as the questions.
Reply 56
in Summer 2007, you needed to get 43/62 for PYA1, 41/62 for PYA2 and 40/62 for PYA3, so I would imagine it would hover around that number... you should be okay

:eek:

OMG! I've automatically lost 12 marks, but that means I could still lose around 7 marks and get an A!

Now I just feel like it was bloody easy to have got an A just by reading the questions properly and I'm even more of an idiot.

In my mocks though I got 26/30 and 19/30 (hadn't revised the model that was in the 18-marker), and that would actually still be an A according to that. Although I got told I'd got an A and a C so therefore they gave me a B on my report... :rolleyes:

This has made me feel like the re-take won't be awful - I just need to try ands top my nerves preventing me from being able to read properly (and revise alllllll over again, ofcourse.)
Reply 57
Does anyone know the questions dat came up for PYA2 stress and abmormality in jan 2008???
Reply 58
wel i can just tel u what i did, so for stress there was GAS, life changes and stress, and 18 marker on gender affecting stress, for abnormality there was assumptions by cognitive approach in relation to abnormality, explanation of eating disorders and 18 marker on definitions (2 or more).

Also the other 18 marker was on medical model ? of abnormality and for stress the therapies
for unit 3 did anyone notice that the 2, 18 mark questions were exactly the same as in MAY 2007?? so i did the majority influence 1. well gd!

Latest