The Student Room Group

LIPA Portfolio help

Hi,
I'm posting this on behalf of my brother really. He has applied to do sound/lighting technology at LIPA and at his interview they have asked him to take a portfolio.
I have a little experience in doing portfolios as I did a foundation in art but I don't want to send him down the wrong track so I thought I'd come on here to ask what other people doing this type of course included in their portfolio. I've told him he'll need A2 ish sized boards with photos, colour and lighting set ups and some technical sketches, but it'll need to be nicely presented...am I on the right track here? :confused: I did a BA in textiles so it was a little different and more arty...
Also how do you show examples of sound work experience that he has done? I've told him maybe he should explain why he choose certain instruments etc and maybe have a sketch of the theatre plan to show how you'd maximize the sound area...are we on the right track?
Sorry for so many questions...I am just a worry of a big sister!
Would be greatful for quick replies as he has left it until the last minute so haven't got much time to prepare :rolleyes:

Latest