The Student Room Group

Year 10 Bank Work Experience

Hello, I've been searching everywhere for bank work elsewhere experience. I've tried every bank. It seems the only way is to get the job through connections. Does anyone have any connections with any bank in Hinckley? Or could find a work experience for me? Thank you!
Are we talking Retail branch banking? Go into store, ask for the manager and give them your CV. Hope for the best! It's true, connections at such a young age is probably the best way to get in.

If we're talking about Banking in some of the bigger institutions, opportunities are rare for Year 10/11 - only at A Level do they offer inside days and what not.
It doesn't matter anymore! I've got a job at a Chartered Accountancy! Thank you very much for your answer anyway! :smile:
Original post by sweetstars
It doesn't matter anymore! I've got a job at a Chartered Accountancy! Thank you very much for your answer anyway! :smile:

Perfect, that's great for your CV. Get as involved as you can, learn the basics of accountancy and it'll look very good on your CV when applying for future Banking events.
Original post by BusMan21
Perfect, that's great for your CV. Get as involved as you can, learn the basics of accountancy and it'll look very good on your CV when applying for future Banking events.

Thank you, CVs are confusing in my opinion, I don't really know what to do for them.
Original post by sweetstars
Thank you, CVs are confusing in my opinion, I don't really know what to do for them.

Don't worry wouldn't even think about your cv till y12/y13
Original post by groovyd97
Don't worry wouldn't even think about your cv till y12/y13

Oh, that's good then. XD Still gotta prepare one, my school forces everyone to. It's good practice tho and you can update it.
Which one? I'm looking for some work experience too
Reply 8
Hi, where exactly please and how to apply for that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending