The Student Room Group

Deloitte vs RSM industrial placement

Hi everyone, I have received offers from Deloitte for Auditing and RSM for Tax (both are industrial placements). I'm very torn between the two and don't know which is better to choose. Down the line I would ideally like to break into the finance/banking industry so considering this which is the best option to go for? I've also heard that Auditing is more demanding and I'll gain a more diverse skillset, while tax has a better work life balance but is quite limiting.
Original post by PimBird123
Hi everyone, I have received offers from Deloitte for Auditing and RSM for Tax (both are industrial placements). I'm very torn between the two and don't know which is better to choose. Down the line I would ideally like to break into the finance/banking industry so considering this which is the best option to go for? I've also heard that Auditing is more demanding and I'll gain a more diverse skillset, while tax has a better work life balance but is quite limiting.

Go for Deloitte.
Reply 2
I’d do auditing unless you had a strong reason to prefer tax.
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
Go for Deloitte.

Thanks for the response. Do you have a reason for this?
Thanks for the response. Do you have a reason for this?

Deloitte is the biggest and arguably the best of the Big 4.

congrats! Can I ask how long after the AC did you get the offer from Deloitte?
Reply 6
Original post by lsureshan
congrats! Can I ask how long after the AC did you get the offer from Deloitte?

It took around 2 and a half weeks before they called me
Reply 7
Original post by ajj2000
I’d do auditing unless you had a strong reason to prefer tax.

would you say auditing is more broad/diverse in comparison to tax?
Reply 8
would you say auditing is more broad/diverse in comparison to tax?

I think it has broader exit options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending