The Student Room Group

Deloitte tax consultant v CS Fast stream

What seems to be a better job option, I know both are vastly different but I am interested to hear opinions. Extra info* CS is in commercial and offers a MCIPS qualification and Deloitte a ACA+CTA qualification.
Original post by Agzl_22
What seems to be a better job option, I know both are vastly different but I am interested to hear opinions. Extra info* CS is in commercial and offers a MCIPS qualification and Deloitte a ACA+CTA qualification.

Deloitte.

comprehensive training programme

Opportunity to work with a wide range of clients

Diversity of projects

Qualification at the end of your scheme.

More young people on the training scheme, higher chance to make friends.

Probably better pay.

Reply 2
Which part of the country? The CS scheme looks excellent - and might pay a lot more outside of the South East for at least the first few years of employment.

On the other hand if you go the Deloitte route you could probably move into the CS after qualifying should that interest you.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Which part of the country? The CS scheme looks excellent - and might pay a lot more outside of the South East for at least the first few years of employment.
On the other hand if you go the Deloitte route you could probably move into the CS after qualifying should that interest you.

London and probably at some point Cardiff during the 3 years
Reply 4
Sounds great! Do you have an idea about where you might like to live long term?

That can be very significant for the two career paths you are looking into.
Reply 5
Honestly not too fussed, I would consider London, Cardiff and Birmingham. The commercial scheme does offer 70k after you complete it, but I’m also aware that an ACA+CTA joint qualification and big 4 experience can take you very far financially (which is one of my bigger goals atm)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending