The Student Room Group

DofE Scouts?

Has anyone who has done there DofE award done scouts for volunteering? I was wondering whether you actually join the scouts for 3 months or you actually help out with the kiddies who are there?
Original post by TheCoolStool
Has anyone who has done there DofE award done scouts for volunteering? I was wondering whether you actually join the scouts for 3 months or you actually help out with the kiddies who are there?

I kind of did that but rainbows.

Yeh it’s a case of you volunteer and help the kids there and the leaders with stuff.

Depending on your age scouts may not be the best maybe beavers or cubs just because it makes it easier if they are younger than you.
My school doesn't do DofE so I was going to do it through scouts. Does this mean I have to volunteer/ go to scouts at the same time as doing my DofE?
:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My school doesn't do DofE so I was going to do it through scouts. Does this mean I have to volunteer/ go to scouts at the same time as doing my DofE?

I presume you are already at scouts? If so, then there will be a local contact who can sort out the d of e award for you. They arrange the expedition and then you sort out your physical and skill sections. You can always do your volunteering within scouting by helping out with a younger section, again your scout leader can help you arrange this.
Original post by Mosaic4
I presume you are already at scouts? If so, then there will be a local contact who can sort out the d of e award for you. They arrange the expedition and then you sort out your physical and skill sections. You can always do your volunteering within scouting by helping out with a younger section, again your scout leader can help you arrange this.

Spoiler

Reply 6

You can't count going to scouts to do DofE if you're joining scouts to do your DofE.
Reply 7

Spoiler

Then I would be honest with them when you contact them. Joining your local scout group won’t automatically get you onto the d of e programme and so you will need to let them know that’s what you want to do.

Also, I’m not sure how it works in scouts, but in Guides there is usually one intake per year for d of e ( but you can join Guides at any time) so you really need to discuss things with them. Good luck, I hope it works out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending