The Student Room Group
anyone?
Reply 2
TaChYcArDiA
Hey...12 hours have definitely passed...so how did everyone find it?

I found question 3 hard,
yeah...question three was really annoying...and there was this one really annoying paragraph in the text for question three (to do with answering the last question...) and i was so slow at the start and that text was so confusing...i dunno if i improved my score from last time...uh oh...
this year i didn't revise unit 3 :redface: same mistake i made last year...so not too sure about what's gonna happen there *fingers crossed though
Reply 5
Yeah I found question three quite hard:frown: ...I did revise more for this test and understood more about modes of nutrition this time round so I liked question 1!:biggrin: I hope I've done enough to get more marks...I only need 10 more for an A! x
omg :dito: i only needed 10 more marks for an A :smile:
Reply 7
I was looking forwad to a higher 'A' so that i will need less UMS marks in A2 for an overall A! but i know i messed that paper up, i kept constantly crossing and rewritting my answers out.
fay 102...that's exactly why i was re-taking the paper...and i also kept crossing out and adjusting things...that paper was so ****ty...esepcially the last question...it was just such a crappy paper...why couldn't our paper have been more like the 2005 and 2006 ones...they were much better...it seems as if they are trying to test new topics now that the specification is disappearing
Reply 9
I didn't like the paper to be honest, i thought that it had too much explaining in it, the other papers in 2006 and 2005 , were much much better. I actually wish i had revised for the june 2007 paper as it was actually quite easy.
yeah petzneo is right...the june 07 paper wasn't very hard...i dunno why none of our year done well in it at school (maybe it's 'cause nobody really learnt desertification properly...or because the mark scheme for question three was ****ty...

anyway...i dunno what to think of that exam but all i know is that i made loads of mistakes...the boundary better be low (but then again it might not be because almost everyone sitting it will have sat it before)
Reply 11
revised soo much for it yet still abit disspointed with my performance. there were those qu's about the carbon cycle and one question said "with ref to an organism explain..." totally messd tht up.

i was hoping for qu's on the nitrogen cycle as i would totally have owned them but oh well. hopefully i get a better grade than last time (C)
yassir me too...like i revised for it much more than i did last summer (coz last summer i sat all three units) and this time it was only unit 3that day...

the questions were pretty ****ty...like i did GCSE geography and it helped me in both last summer's exam and the exam this january (especially all that rivers stuff - that is NOT BIOLOGY...)

anyway my point is question three seems to turn more like a geography exam every year...so I advise people to do Geog GCSE if you are thinking of doing biology (it helps a lot with all that environmental crap)

yassir what do you think the grade boundary is gonna be for an A??? i think it will be higher than last summer's (20/38) but i don't think (or certainly don't hope) it's gonna be as high as last january's (28/38)...i really don't know what to think...
Reply 13
honestly, TaChYcArDiA i really dont no, about the grade boundaries but lets just hope that theres a few more people (like us) that found it quite weird.

u no the river question, do u remember it askd with reference to figure 2 explain why there r more fish in the "montuke??"(sumthing like that)river and figure 2 was a graph so i couldnt understand what relationship they had. figure 1 was a diagram of all the rivers and there sources but it askd for figure 2 which was a graph!. any ideas? or did i read the qu wrong.

p.s was last summers grade boundary rely 20/38 for an A? thats 52%. i must have rely messd up to get a c or mayb it was the cw.
what was the W1 question pls???

Latest