The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

Wtf is New College of the Humanities? Is it an Oxbridge V2?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
shut up i’m menstruating
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Original post by henry1999
Given you're so smart and informed, name another university where you'll get 1-1 tutorials with Oxford and Cambridge lecturers, lecture sizes under 10 and a 2000 word essay per week (with face-to-face) personal feedback?

Name another university where one of the faculties has had 2/4 students go to study a Masters at Oxbridge?

The university you get your bachelor's from doesn't have much to do with whether you get an offer from Oxbridge for a master's. It's down to the individual students who can get good grades and build a strong profile/research interests to get in, and that's possible at any serious university.

Not bashing NCH, just saying that it's not a unique selling point, because it's not the fact that they went to NCH that got them an offer.
Reply 42
this thread is ****ing hilarious
I go to NCH myself and I can tell you it is a great uni and you really feel that you get what you pay for. I study Politics and Philosophy and the courses are structured very coherently and you get really all the support that you need. The professors care and the criteria for my modules encourages nothing but creativity, sophisticated knowledge and really good concise and eloquent writing. With having seminars and 1-1s every week or two you get a lot of engagement with professors and other students, individual feedback and space to discuss your ideas. I want to also say that politically, NCH is very neutral and is really all about that sweet knowledge! The only kind of downside is that it is small and obviously there is a smaller pool of people to have your getting litty time with, but I mean if you are going to uni for academics that will touch you and evolve you as a person then this is the place (in humanities: politics, English, law, philosophy, economics). Anyway, the people that go there come from all over the world, Europe and more. Within the walls, NCH fosters a very warm, artsy but classy and socratic type of vibe.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending