The Student Room Group

Camera may have caught me speeding but not sure

I say not sure as they had those road work/new speed yellow signs at the road saying 50 I believe I just noticed them but I was maybe 10 yards away and was doing 80(usual as this was a motorway) and a car in front of me seemed to get flashed so I slowed down, when I was dead on 50mph about 8-10 seconds later I got a flash directly at me. Why would it flash if I'm doing the speed limit?
Reply 1
Original post by SwollenRugbyBall
I say not sure as they had those road work/new speed yellow signs at the road saying 50 I believe I just noticed them but I was maybe 10 yards away and was doing 80(usual as this was a motorway) and a car in front of me seemed to get flashed so I slowed down, when I was dead on 50mph about 8-10 seconds later I got a flash directly at me. Why would it flash if I'm doing the speed limit?

The only usual speed cameras for road works are average speed SPECS, which don't flash.

If the gantry speed limit was displaying the new limit, that's another story. Was it?
First time in 5 years of driving I've seen four flashes on a motorway and one of which was at 50mph. This was not a speed sign on a gantry but a sign on a tripod/frame next to a barrier and the flashes came from there.
First time in 5 years of driving I've seen four flashes on a motorway and one of which was at 50mph. This was not a speed sign on a gantry but a sign on a tripod/frame next to a barrier and the flashes came from there.

Was it flashed from behind you?

If so, it could be the HADECS 3 camera. (@IWMTom correct me if I'm wrong :colondollar:)
It flashed first twice like 10 yards in front then when I drove past at 50mph flashed to the side of me pretty much. It seemed to be from a very low position.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
It flashed first twice like 10 yards in front then when I drove past at 50mph flashed to the side of me pretty much. It seemed to be from a very low position.

Again, was the gantry displaying the 50mph limit.
Nothing on the gantry.
Reply 7
Nothing on the gantry.

Then it's incredibly unlikely a camera has flashed.

Could it have perhaps been a vehicle behind you flashing their main beams to let someone out?
No as I saw this in front(I was about 10 yards back but I was doing 75) very bright as I just noticed the yellow 50mph roadworks sign and then 8 seconds latter I saw another bright double flash to the side of me as I went passed it at 50mph.
Reply 9
No as I saw this in front(I was about 10 yards back but I was doing 75) very bright as I just noticed the yellow 50mph roadworks sign and then 8 seconds latter I saw another bright double flash to the side of me as I went passed it at 50mph.

You won't ever see a front facing flash from a speed camera - perhaps it was the other carriageway?
Yeah or I suspect they were flashing the guy in front of me..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending