The Student Room Group

EPQ Question Ideas?

I'm doing my EPQ on Carl Jung and his research on the psyche. I don't want it to be too descriptive and I also wanted to link it to modern day but I don't really know what the question should be. Some titles I have now:

How significant are Carl Jung's theories on the psyche?
What were Carl Jung's theories on the psyche and how is it seen/relevant today?
How is Carl Jung still relevant today?

Someone please help?
Hello for my EPQ I have decided to go with the title 'is Gender Pay Gap still apparent in today's society and if so what can we do to help support and create change'. The reason I have decided to go with this title is because it links into my both my A level subjects business and finance and also I am keen to do business management at university so will link nicely into the university course however this isn't a module we study. One thing to remember is that you will be researching this for a few months so pick something that you won't get bored of and make sure there is enough research to be done around the subject as this is how you get the marks. I will be making a video all about the epq over on my youtube channel: AbbeyLoueen Xx
Reply 2
Original post by Abbeyloueen
Hello for my EPQ I have decided to go with the title 'is Gender Pay Gap still apparent in today's society and if so what can we do to help support and create change'. The reason I have decided to go with this title is because it links into my both my A level subjects business and finance and also I am keen to do business management at university so will link nicely into the university course however this isn't a module we study. One thing to remember is that you will be researching this for a few months so pick something that you won't get bored of and make sure there is enough research to be done around the subject as this is how you get the marks. I will be making a video all about the epq over on my youtube channel: AbbeyLoueen Xx

I know that I definitely want to do my EPQ on Carl Jung, it's just I have no idea how to narrow it down to one question. I need a good question that will give me enough space for research and will allow me to relate it to modern day society.
What about how relevant are Carl Jung's theories on the psyche today? As part of the essay you would naturally define these theories anyway
Reply 4
Original post by historynerd47
What about how relevant are Carl Jung's theories on the psyche today? As part of the essay you would naturally define these theories anyway

Yeah I though that too. I had a talk with my supervisor recently and he suggested to do a compare and contrast (Sigmund Freud Vs Carl Jung). I think that means the question has to change to something like How are ... ideas different/similar to ...? or something similar.
Original post by ARMYYYY
Yeah I though that too. I had a talk with my supervisor recently and he suggested to do a compare and contrast (Sigmund Freud Vs Carl Jung). I think that means the question has to change to something like How are ... ideas different/similar to ...? or something similar.

Ah yes that's a good idea too, I am not an expert but I think either question works well. Yes you could compare how similar their ideas are, or maybe which is more relevant today?
Reply 6
Original post by historynerd47
Ah yes that's a good idea too, I am not an expert but I think either question works well. Yes you could compare how similar their ideas are, or maybe which is more relevant today?

Yes thank you. I am going to have another talk with my supervisor to finalize my question
Original post by ARMYYYY
Yes thank you. I am going to have another talk with my supervisor to finalize my question

Great plan, good luck with it!
Reply 8
Thank you :thumbsup:
Reply 9
what question did u end up picking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending