The Student Room Group

eng student

can anyone doing engineering or about to do it please give some advice

my a levels are :
maths, physics and business studies

AS results were maths-A physics-B ICT-A Bus _ A
i am hoping to do mech eng or something similar are these subjects ok for it.
also im hoping to apply to oxford for Engineering science with predicted grades: A -maths A- Business B- physics
what r my chances will i even get any interview (considering no Fmaths)

for the maths i will do mech 1 and mech 2 is it enough for mech eng or is more Mech modules needed.
ive read that eng degrees have eng drawing classes- what r these like will they invovle a lot of isometric/3d drawings-cos although i am very interested in eng im not too keen on these drawings.
Reply 1
Those subjects are fine, you need Maths Physics and one other A-level in-order to do mech eng. You don't even need to have done Mech modules to get in. It is applied maths they look for, but i suspect stats people should not have a problem either. As you are interested in Oxford you need to make sure you are getting A in all those subjects and that you have a really good P.S, and are ready to do a tough interview, in competition with many others applying for the same place.
Reply 2
cybersam3d
ive read that eng degrees have eng drawing classes- what r these like will they invovle a lot of isometric/3d drawings-cos although i am very interested in eng im not too keen on these drawings.

usually general/mech eng courses have drawing. although many universities have replaced hand-drawing with cad courses. others have a bit of both.
Reply 3
Yeah you'll need that B in physics to go up to an A.

Latest