The Student Room Group

Should I appeal against my driving test?

I was thinking of appealing - I failed mine on Monday it was at 8.10 first 20 mins satnav was great no mistakes then it all went down hill the traffic was manic at a stand still up and down side streets but I thought I handled it all quite well anyway after finally getting out of traffic 90 minutes later got to the test centre still had to do my manoeuvre ok reverse bat park only all spaces took up by parked cars but I did it yay I was proud then results unfortunately you haven't passed today WHAT apparently undue hesitation at a junction omg really there was no safe gap to pullout until I actually did the traffic was at a stand still over to my left where I had to be and incoming traffic non stop to my right I had my instructor in with me and he agreed with me in fact I was thinking do I go for it a few times but it wasn't safe when the examiner got out the car she actually said right I'm going to have to run in now and explain why we have taken so long I'm confused do we pullout to save time or wait till it's safe and is it legal for her to have kept me and my instructor out 90 minutes for the test I was at the junction for about 5 minutes but honestly there was nothing I could do my test is due again in 2 weeks but I don't know what to do right from wrong anymore HELP
Best talk to your instructor as he/she was with you during the test.
Personally, not worth the hassle. I would just retake
Original post by Lizzy42
I was thinking of appealing - I failed mine on Monday it was at 8.10 first 20 mins satnav was great no mistakes then it all went down hill the traffic was manic at a stand still up and down side streets but I thought I handled it all quite well anyway after finally getting out of traffic 90 minutes later got to the test centre still had to do my manoeuvre ok reverse bat park only all spaces took up by parked cars but I did it yay I was proud then results unfortunately you haven't passed today WHAT apparently undue hesitation at a junction omg really there was no safe gap to pullout until I actually did the traffic was at a stand still over to my left where I had to be and incoming traffic non stop to my right I had my instructor in with me and he agreed with me in fact I was thinking do I go for it a few times but it wasn't safe when the examiner got out the car she actually said right I'm going to have to run in now and explain why we have taken so long I'm confused do we pullout to save time or wait till it's safe and is it legal for her to have kept me and my instructor out 90 minutes for the test I was at the junction for about 5 minutes but honestly there was nothing I could do my test is due again in 2 weeks but I don't know what to do right from wrong anymore HELP
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
You cannot appeal a test result. You can only appeal if the test was misconducted, e.g. not following DVSA rules, inappropriate behaviour from the examiner, or other such concerns. You can't appeal just because you disagree with the examiner's judgement. Even if you could, the DVSA never changes the outcome of a test, the most you'd be entitled to would be a free retest.

Besides, that said examiner has a lot more road experience than you do, has likely done hundreds of practical tests and knows therefore when it's safe to pull out of a junction. Heavy traffic is always awful to deal with, but the DVSA expects you to always be able to drive to their standard, no matter the conditions, so that's just what you need to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending