The Student Room Group

How to pass a driving test?!

I've already taken two tests, failed them both, and now my third one is later this week. Now that its my third test, i'm starting to get really nervous as from now on i feel the more i fail the more embarrassing it will get, especially as none of my friends or family have ever taken more than three tests. I'm also really desperate to pass as this whole process has made me hate driving, i literally dread ever lesson and hate every test. I just want to pass so i can focus on my a levels as i feel like i'm always thinking about driving and it gets me really anxious. Any tips?
Original post by sister_jude
I've already taken two tests, failed them both, and now my third one is later this week. Now that its my third test, i'm starting to get really nervous as from now on i feel the more i fail the more embarrassing it will get, especially as none of my friends or family have ever taken more than three tests. I'm also really desperate to pass as this whole process has made me hate driving, i literally dread ever lesson and hate every test. I just want to pass so i can focus on my a levels as i feel like i'm always thinking about driving and it gets me really anxious. Any tips?

> Relax as much as you can, think of it as giving the examiner a lift somewhere and then back home (test centre)

> If you make a mistake, don’t dwell on it. It’s very rare for people to pass with no minors and any mistake you think that is serious may only be marked as a minor by the examiner

> Get a good sleep the night before

> Chew gum
Original post by accountant-future
> Relax as much as you can, think of it as giving the examiner a lift somewhere and then back home (test centre)

> If you make a mistake, don’t dwell on it. It’s very rare for people to pass with no minors and any mistake you think that is serious may only be marked as a minor by the examiner

> Get a good sleep the night before

> Chew gum

Agreed with all of the above. The third one is difficult but even just getting to bed early, that rest goes a long way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending