The Student Room Group

Driving

I always get so anxious with driving. I have a very stern instructor. She’s great and she’s a lovely woman but she’s very strict and stern. I have my driving test in january and i don’t know what to expect. it’s my first attempt.
anyone knows what happens on the actual driving test. ikr how many manoeuvres ect you do?
i struggle with anxiety on the daily but with driving i’m always on my toes. i just dint want to feel like a can’t drive
Reply 1
Original post by graciegirl28
I always get so anxious with driving. I have a very stern instructor. She’s great and she’s a lovely woman but she’s very strict and stern. I have my driving test in january and i don’t know what to expect. it’s my first attempt.
anyone knows what happens on the actual driving test. ikr how many manoeuvres ect you do?
i struggle with anxiety on the daily but with driving i’m always on my toes. i just dint want to feel like a can’t drive

for me the test was so much easier than the mock ones my instructor did with me, the only manoeuvre i had to do was a reverse bay park. Just keep the car safe and u will pass
Good luck with the test!

Edit:

Oh, and don't worry if you do fail as you can always find cancellations if you need to!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
They will ask you to pull up on side of the road several times seeing if you check all around before you move off. They can ask you do one or 2 reserve park, front bay park, parallel park, emergency stop, park on the left or right, park on right reverse 2 car spaces.

Also they will ask follow navigation or follow road signs. Everything you should of learnt.
Original post by graciegirl28

If you want to know what happens on the test and what the examiner is looking for, grab yourself a copy of this book from Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YN65G1Y It's called The Driving Test & How to Pass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending