The Student Room Group

English Literature - help pls :(

It's only 6 weeks until exams begin and I feel very unprepared for English Lit. I have made quite a lot of notes for poetry, AIC and Jekyll and Hyde but not for Macbeth as i cant find any useful websites and don't really know what exactly to make notes on. I am struggling to find the relevant stuff out of all my notes that I need to know for each book/poem. Any help would be appreciated, thank youuuu.
Original post by datters
It's only 6 weeks until exams begin and I feel very unprepared for English Lit. I have made quite a lot of notes for poetry, AIC and Jekyll and Hyde but not for Macbeth as i cant find any useful websites and don't really know what exactly to make notes on. I am struggling to find the relevant stuff out of all my notes that I need to know for each book/poem. Any help would be appreciated, thank youuuu.

Just watch Mr Bruff.

[video="youtube;UNNOq1Tx1Ek"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNNOq1Tx1Ek&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cCMpq89C0yaU5scvuYiIKuL[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9h_csKEwxg&list=PLqGFsWf-P-cAO64lBHZTFwTz2X0DD_Cxk
What i do is have a YouTube playlist of tips and stuff for when I sleep it helps a lot, do you have the revision guide? Because that could be pretty helpful too other than that just going through your old books because teachers will have forced you to do work about it and you could always revise from that
Original post by datters

Mr Bruff, York Notes and just re read the texts
Original post by datters

Ugh, same both Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde are my worst; I feel like literally the only thing i can talk about is "duality of man". I feel like whatever essay I write for it is bad because I constantly just spam that word over and over again.

Don't get me started on Macbeth. I just feel lost when i open that book
Reply 5
Original post by mc_miah
Ugh, same both Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde are my worst; I feel like literally the only thing i can talk about is "duality of man". I feel like whatever essay I write for it is bad because I constantly just spam that word over and over again.

Don't get me started on Macbeth. I just feel lost when i open that book

Haha relatable. I feel like I've made so many notes and tried to learn quotes but just have no clue where to start. Let's see what we can get done in 6 weeks, eh? :frown:
Original post by datters
Haha relatable. I feel like I've made so many notes and tried to learn quotes but just have no clue where to start. Let's see what we can get done in 6 weeks, eh? :frown:

Ahahah lets goooo! :excited: :bhangra:
The pressures on because so many family members of mine have scored 9's in English literature; IDEK how!

Whenever I try to be perceptive, in the slightest I always muck up, waffle on, or apparently "I don't make sense" even though what I'm writing (feels like) it makes perfect sense and is reasonable.
Well, looks like I'm doing something wrong :eek3:
Reply 7
Original post by mc_miah
Ahahah lets goooo! :excited: :bhangra:
The pressures on because so many family members of mine have scored 9's in English literature; IDEK how!

Whenever I try to be perceptive, in the slightest I always muck up, waffle on, or apparently "I don't make sense" even though what I'm writing (feels like) it makes perfect sense and is reasonable.
Well, looks like I'm doing something wrong :eek3:

Oh my goshhhh whattttt!!!!!! You have some clever people in your family, I'd be nervous too :afraid: and same here!!!!!! Like, I was so proud of my Jekyll and Hyde answer and I got it back and it was literally just annotated with "this doesn't make sense". hahahaha. Hoping for some miracle at this point

Quick Reply

Latest