The Student Room Group
kent is a nice uni and does have a pritty good employment record but Sheffied does have the good rep. Just pick the one you think you going to enjoy most.

Lil point is that Kent is a really nice looking Uni compared to others.. *evil eye to grey block ones*
Kent is really really really pretty!
I applied to both Kent & Sheffield (although not for the course your interested in)

Overall, I preferred everything about Sheffield.. I thought the University was very impressive, amazing facilities, good reputation, and the city of Sheffield is awesome! It would have been my firm choice, if I'd liked the course more.

Saying that, Kent is still a very good university.. it has a good employment record, seems to be recognised more & more each year, in a very nice location, and for me had a really good course... but overall it wasn't right for me.

It depends on what you want, the course is the deciding factor really... theres no point going for a University that you love, but aren't as keen on the course (which happened in my case with Sheffield :frown: - I'm still gutted about that!) as you won't enjoy it as much.. after all, it's something you've got to study for 3 years. The more you enjoy it, the more you'll get out of it in the end!!

Also, would you prefer to be in a big city, or a campus university?! Location is quite important for a lot of people too, as is reputation.. but league tables aren't everything. It's where you feel the most happiest, doing something you enjoy!

:smile:
Reply 4
I have to say that Kent has an amazing reputation for Sociology related courses. I think its one of the few places rated 5* in the RAE assessments? I could be wrong though.

Both are very different places. Kent is very rural, Sheffield in the middle of a city. It depends on what you're after. Visit them both to get a feel for them.

Latest

Trending

Trending