The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Sociology and Social Anthropology at Kent

So I was just emailed today that they're 'pausing recruitment' for the course I applied to and got an offer for because they apparently update their course portfolios and decided this was the best decision to improve student experience. Now my options are to switch to only Sociology, or switch to another course in Kent's School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Research. I'm so confused and sort of upset?? I applied specifically because I wanted to do social anthropology (which few unis offer) alongside sociology, and just doing sociology will result in me losing out on a significant part of my interests.
I had no idea they could do this and was wondering if anyone else has received the same email, either for the same course or for a different one?
Original post by TeaOnRice
So I was just emailed today that they're 'pausing recruitment' for the course I applied to and got an offer for because they apparently update their course portfolios and decided this was the best decision to improve student experience. Now my options are to switch to only Sociology, or switch to another course in Kent's School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Research. I'm so confused and sort of upset?? I applied specifically because I wanted to do social anthropology (which few unis offer) alongside sociology, and just doing sociology will result in me losing out on a significant part of my interests.
I had no idea they could do this and was wondering if anyone else has received the same email, either for the same course or for a different one?

Hi @TeaOnRice ,

I am sorry to hear that this has upset you.

I would say to e-mail the division or contact them via telephone to see what can be done as the reps on here are just students so staff within the division you are interested in will be much more helpful and hopefully a lot more reassuring about your choice than we can be!

Their contact information can be found here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/social-policy-sociology-social-research/contact-us

This would be their telephone number for applicants: +44 (0)1227 768896

I hope this helps and I hope you get an outcome you are happy with after contacting them.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 3 months ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending