The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Disclaimer: These are my own answers and I have no idea whether they are right or not. I also can’t remember the order of the questions very well. Please bear with me.

Thank you to: @Clarareeves2001, @Vanilla Twilight, @SaraFreire14, @mathsguy5503, @MissMilkshake. Huge thanks to @Cirsium for the MCQs.

THIS MARK SCHEME HAS BEEN REMOVED.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The last question about the effect of lone pairs on bond angles was to do with lone pair lone pair repulsion being threaten than lone pair bonding pair repulsion so it would decrease the angle in a tetrahedral to 104.5 (bent)
Reply 2
Original post by Clarareeves2001
The last question about the effect of lone pairs on bond angles was to do with lone pair lone pair repulsion being threaten than lone pair bonding pair repulsion so it would decrease the angle in a tetrahedral to 104.5 (bent)

Okay, will add that :thumbsup:
There was a question about the strongest type of intermolecular force in SF4
Original post by Vanilla Twilight

That was vdw
Reply 5

Oh yeah, thank you!! Will add that in!
SiF4? or just SF4?
Original post by nyxnko_
Oh yeah, thank you!! Will add that in!
SiF4? or just SF4?

Sorry you're right - it was SiF4!
Reply 7
Sorry you're right - it was SiF4!

Okay :biggrin:
Someone do answers to multiple choice please :smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
Okay :biggrin:

I just remembered, there was also a question towards the beginning about choosing the atomic size of the Na+ and F- ions which I think was that they were the same size because of same no. of electrons
I thought it was that Na was smaller because even though there was the same number of electrons, Na has a higher nuclear charge, meaning he attraction is higher, lowering the atomic radius
I just remembered, there was also a question towards the beginning about choosing the atomic size of the Na+ and F- ions which I think was that they were the same size because of same no. of electrons

I said that but don’t think it’s right
Original post by Chloet5827
I said that but don’t think it’s right

Yeah I don't think its right either :frown: I think you had to consider the proton number
Yeah I don't think its right either :frown: I think you had to consider the proton number

Yeah :frown: can you remember any of the multiple choice I think we should put some answers together for those now :smile:
Did people see on the Mr question it asked you to define what relative molecular mass is.
Reply 15

i said F was smaller as its in period 2 whereas Na is in period 3, so F has less shells hence smaller
was the mr 72.4, first few answers 1210 ppm and 0.854kg and x = 5.68
and the mass of KI was 19.7g?
Reply 17
Original post by Chloet5827
Someone do answers to multiple choice please :smile:

Sorry, those were pretty obscure and I wouldn't have remembered my answers but I'll try...

Give me a sec and I'll put on what I got. F was smaller :wink:
Original post by sh_ad_ow
was the mr 72.4, first few answers 1210 ppm and 0.854kg and x = 5.68
and the mass of KI was 19.7g?

What question was the mass of KI???
I’m pretty sure F was larger cos Na had a larger nuclear charge so pulled electrons closer to the nucleus because there’s a stronger force of attraction, they had the same no of electrons

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending