The Student Room Group

im really scared of

being rejected by leeds and leicester.
and having to spend the whole year alone, while all my friends are off at uni, having to play bingo with my parents probably due to having no social life.

i think my interviews went ok. Why is it taking so long?

I'm always really careful now when i cross the road, cause i hate the thought of getting run over by the bus, and then never knowing whether or not i had the chance to be a doctor.

so now i look both ways.

Please let someone have me...
atoms4peace
I'm always really careful now when i cross the road, cause i hate the thought of getting run over by the bus, and then never knowing whether or not i had the chance to be a doctor
Surely it's worse to have an offer and get run over than to still remain in the lurk and get run over? (...or is it just me who would feel that? :p: )

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you get an offer real soon. :smile:
Reply 2
if you're run over and dead you won't know that you never found out if you got in or not, so it's a bit of a non-issue...

oh and good luck.
Reply 3
And even in the worse case scenario, just take a gap year. Buy yourself a lonely planet book or something to read through, then even if you do get rejected both times you'll still be looking forward to something
Reply 4
atoms4peace
being rejected by leeds and leicester.
and having to spend the whole year alone, while all my friends are off at uni, having to play bingo with my parents probably due to having no social life.

i think my interviews went ok. Why is it taking so long?

Yeah, I'm kinda worried about being rejected but there isn't much I can do now!

I'm on a gap year btw, didn't apply to med last year. I wouldn't worry about the social side at all. I work full time and there's plenty of opportunity to meet people. I have met up with one friend from school who is at uni but tbh I seem to be quite busy and don't have time. I don't really miss anyone that much! I must say, I don't particularly miss going out in the evenings. I do from time to time, but it's nice to have a change. I think there'll be opportunities at uni for that. Anyway, chances are you won't be the only person on a gap year. Quite a few of my peers are on gap years.

Yeah, it takes ages :frown:
You can get run over by a bus anytime, even if you are a doctor.

Good luck, though. I hope you get your offers!
Reply 6
atoms4peace

so now i look both ways.

It's always a good idea to do that btw :wink:
Reminds me of this quote from House, "If you have so much faith in God, then why do you look both ways before crossing the street?"...or something of that sort...

Sorry, thread hijack over.

Latest

Trending

Trending