The Student Room Group

Aldi individual assessment day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LibbyJoy
of course!
for me I was with the area manager in his office and I was there for about 10 minutes
He asked things like:
why Aldi
tell me about yourself
what hours are you looking

Just general things. It was my first ever job interview and seriously I wouldn’t worry about it.
Good luck though!

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Reply 21
Hey I've got an assessment tomorrow but it will be conducted on the phone and there was no briefing so I have no idea what will come up, but it did mention it being 10 minutes long so hopefully its similar to your one!
Original post by nmayor
Hey I've got an assessment tomorrow but it will be conducted on the phone and there was no briefing so I have no idea what will come up, but it did mention it being 10 minutes long so hopefully its similar to your one!

I’m sure it will be! Good luck!
Reply 23
I’m sure it will be! Good luck!

Thank you, I'll let you know how it goes!
Hi guys! I have an assessment day on Wednesday. Due to COVID 19 does anyone know wheat it looks like? What to wear? What questions they ask? Etc...
Reply 25
Hey man my interview got rescheduled twice, you got any tips or insight to questions? And how did yours go
Original post by nmayor
Hey man my interview got rescheduled twice, you got any tips or insight to questions? And how did yours go

for me I was with the area manager in his office and I was there for about 10 minutes
He asked things like:
why Aldi
tell me about yourself

Just general things. It was my first ever job interview and seriously I wouldn’t worry about it.

And for me I got the job I should be starting sometime next week!
But not I’m quite nervous as it’s my first job but good luck!
Reply 27
He asked things like:
why Aldi
tell me about yourself

Thank you for your reply, I literally just had mine. They said they'll get back to me in 48 hours. I was asked
Why Aldi
Tell me about Yourself
Where do you see yourself in 5 years
Reply 28
He asked things like:
why Aldi
tell me about yourself

Oh and congrats!! You've come this far so you're definitely suited to the role well done!
Hey, can you tell me what happened at yours..I've got an individual assessment next Thursday but the email said that it's gonna be done through the phone, because of covid and assuming it's just an interview
Original post by Matt2434
Hi guys! I have an assessment day on Wednesday. Due to COVID 19 does anyone know wheat it looks like? What to wear? What questions they ask? Etc...

Hey, can you tell me what happened at yours..I've got an individual assessment next Thursday but the email said that it's gonna be done through the phone, because of covid and assuming it's just an interview
Original post by Hassaan1738

Hello 😊 I had the Individual Assessment last Sunday. I went to Aldi and my interview was in the office . I had questions about how aldi differs from other stores, tell me something about yourself and I got two scenarios and I had to answer what I would do in these situations and why I want to work for Aldi. I also had a five minute math test. They also asked me why I quit my previous job. They said that I would get a reply within 7 days if I get a job or no. I am still waiting. It wasn't bad . Good luck 😊

Congratulations! I had the Aldi experience yesterday and I got a conditional offer this morning which I've accepted. Is yours also a fixed term contract of 15 hours per week? As it's a fixed term contract, I'm a little worried what will happen after the 3 months are up. I'm hoping that I'll be able to carry on working for them (provided I was a good enough employee, of course) instead of being let go. Do you have any information regarding this?
Original post by Ferrari_1996
Congratulations! I had the Aldi experience yesterday and I got a conditional offer this morning which I've accepted. Is yours also a fixed term contract of 15 hours per week? As it's a fixed term contract, I'm a little worried what will happen after the 3 months are up. I'm hoping that I'll be able to carry on working for them (provided I was a good enough employee, of course) instead of being let go. Do you have any information regarding this?

orginally mine was advertised as fixed but I ended up having a conditional offer of permanent. At my store however they did say they were likely to keep us on, as when I went to the individual assessment it was fixed.
I have 15 hours a week but so far in my first 3 weeks of working there I wouldn’t bank on having the contracted hours. I know it’s little difference but last week I had 13 so it’s not always the 15 and then other weeks you work more. But congratulations!!!!
orginally mine was advertised as fixed but I ended up having a conditional offer of permanent. At my store however they did say they were likely to keep us on, as when I went to the individual assessment it was fixed.
I have 15 hours a week but so far in my first 3 weeks of working there I wouldn’t bank on having the contracted hours. I know it’s little difference but last week I had 13 so it’s not always the 15 and then other weeks you work more. But congratulations!!!!

I see. How did you manage to get a permanent offer? Did the first email after the Aldi experience say it's fixed term but you talked to them when you went to sign your contact and then you were offered permanent? Or did the email itself say it's permanent? Here's the email that I received:

Congratulations on being offered the Fixed Term role of Store Assistant (Fixed Term) at Aldi <store location>

Your starting salary will be £9.40 phr and your hours will be 15 per week.

This offer will expire in 7 days, so please use the link below to see what the next steps are.
Original post by Ferrari_1996
I see. How did you manage to get a permanent offer? Did the first email after the Aldi experience say it's fixed term but you talked to them when you went to sign your contact and then you were offered permanent? Or did the email itself say it's permanent? Here's the email that I received:

Congratulations on being offered the Fixed Term role of Store Assistant (Fixed Term) at Aldi <store location>

Your starting salary will be £9.40 phr and your hours will be 15 per week.

This offer will expire in 7 days, so please use the link below to see what the next steps are.

Mine was really similar.
It was literally just that when I applied through indeed it was fixed term then up until the individual assessment it was still fixed term. It was only when I got sent my email saying the conditional offer that it was permanent.
Expect questions. They may even do basic skills tests as well.
Original post by shortgirl96
Expect questions. They may even do basic skills tests as well.

The only "skill" they tested was your mental maths during the group assessment where you had to answer 10 questions within 5 minutes I believe.
Mine was really similar.
It was literally just that when I applied through indeed it was fixed term then up until the individual assessment it was still fixed term. It was only when I got sent my email saying the conditional offer that it was permanent.

After accepting the conditional offer (filling in the form with your uniform size etc), how long did they take to get back to you to arrange the contact signing and did they contact you via email or phone? I submitted the form over 24 hours ago.
I received a missed call today from an 0161 number, but 0161 numbers are from Manchester whereas I'm in Birmingham. I'm wondering if that call was from Aldi.
(edited 3 years ago)
Praying that you hear back soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending