The Student Room Group

Aldi individual assessment day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by billy_jb
Hi, I recently applied for a role as a Store Assistant at my local Aldi branch in England as I would like a part time job whilst at college. Over a week ago I applied online and today was sent an email saying I have been invited to an assessment day, initially I thought it was going to be a group event but when booking a time slot it says 'event type - individual assessment' however looking online people have said that it is group activities and I've heard some say it is an interview one on one with the assistant manager.

Has anyone else been through the process and can shine some light on what I should expect please as it isn't clear exactly what it involves, thank you.

I know this is old, but I would like to post how my individual assessment went for anyone still looking in the UK to help them out on this thread.
To begin with, they call it an 'Individual assessment', even though it is pretty much an interview. When I arrived the staff were lovely and I had to just ask a woman at the till for where to go.
The questions which I was asked and of which I would recommend anyone applying should research before hand were:
"Tell me about yourself"
"Why do you want to work at Aldi?"
"What do you know about Aldi?"
"What do you know about how things are run here at Aldi?"
"When was a time you had to work in a team?"
When was a time you had to work under pressure?"
"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
Overall, as long as you prepare and research well, you shouldn't be caught off guard at the interview and I wish anyone applying good luck and I hope this can shed a brief light onto what to expect.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 61
Yeah it's a group assessment then u have to wait a week to find out if u passed that then get one to one assessment then wait again to find out with that long process really
Reply 62
Original post by TomG33
I know this is old, but I would like to post how my individual assessment went for anyone still looking in the UK to help them out on this thread.
To begin with, they call it an 'Individual assessment', even though it is pretty much an interview. When I arrived the staff were lovely and I had to just ask a woman at the till for where to go.
The questions which I was asked and of which I would recommend anyone applying should research before hand were:
"Tell me about yourself"
Overall, as long as you prepare and research well, you shouldn't be caught off guard at the interview and I wish anyone applying good luck and I hope this can shed a brief light onto what to expect.

Thank you so much, I needed this!
Reply 63
Original post by TomG33
"Tell me about yourself"

Hi, I've got my individual assessment on Saturday! I was just wondering did you have to do a video interview prior to this? In that video interview I was asked similar questions to this, and now everyone's saying the assessment is an interview so I'm just a bit confused cause why am i having to do 2 essentially haha
Original post by Phiapia
Hi, I've got my individual assessment on Saturday! I was just wondering did you have to do a video interview prior to this? In that video interview I was asked similar questions to this, and now everyone's saying the assessment is an interview so I'm just a bit confused cause why am i having to do 2 essentially haha

Hi. How did your assessment go? I also have mine this Saturday. Which branch did you do your assessment? I did the video interview as well.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Marshhhhhh
Hi. How did your assessment go? I also have mine this Saturday. Which branch did you do your assessment? I did the video interview as well.
Did you get the job please reply? Thanks
Original post by Shandypie
Did you get the job please reply? Thanks
They said they're keeping my application until a suitable position comes up. So, looks like I've to wait and see
Original post by Marshhhhhh
They said they're keeping my application until a suitable position comes up. So, looks like I've to wait and see
Oh okay thank you. What was the individual assessment like and did you have to do a maths test?
Original post by Shandypie
Oh okay thank you. What was the individual assessment like and did you have to do a maths test?
Just more about skills, personal attributes, hobbies and flexibility. No math at all
Original post by amy3mith
Hi sorry i’ve applied for aldi and i have an individual assessment on monday but i’ve heard there is maths test etc and i am so bad at maths. did you have one?

hi hope u dne well just wanted to as wat was the maths like im so bad at maths nd have mine on the 3rd
Original post by Phiapia

Hello what questions did they ask in the assessment? I had to a video interview aswell, do they ask you the same questions as in the video?
Original post by MrsBurke88
hi hope u dne well just wanted to as wat was the maths like im so bad at maths nd have mine on the 3rd

Hello what was your individual assessment like? What questions did they ask?
Reply 72
Original post by Wojtekcat
Hello 😊 I had the Individual Assessment last Sunday. I went to Aldi and my interview was in the office . I had questions about how aldi differs from other stores, tell me something about yourself and I got two scenarios and I had to answer what I would do in these situations and why I want to work for Aldi. I also had a five minute math test. They also asked me why I quit my previous job. They said that I would get a reply within 7 days if I get a job or no. I am still waiting. It wasn't bad . Good luck 😊

What were the scenarios and how were the math questions like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending