The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Music University of Surrey

Please could you tell me what portion/percentage of the BMUs is exam based and what portion is coursework/practical?
Hey, I'm just tagging in the @University of Surrey rep as they're really helpful :woo:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by PAPB
Please could you tell me what portion/percentage of the BMUs is exam based and what portion is coursework/practical?

Hi @PAPB,

Sorry for the delay, I missed your message! Thanks for tagging me in @Puddles the Monkey :colondollar:

In first year, 7 of the 8 modules are assessed via coursework and/or practicals. Only 1 module is assessed via exam (which is worth 30%) and coursework (worth 70%).

In years 2 and 3, there are a few compulsory modules in each term, but you get to choose a number of optional modules too. Therefore, the amount of modules assessed by exam/practical/coursework will vary based on each student's individual choices. You can see a full list of the modules available on the BMus programme here - just click into the 'Programme Details' tab and then scroll down to the 'Modules' section. If you click on the module name (written in blue), you'll be taken to a page describing that module and there will be a section in that which is titled 'Assessment Pattern'. This is what tells you how the module is assessed :smile:

I hope this helps! If you need anything else just let me know :biggrin:

All the best,
Ashley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending