The Student Room Group

I have anxiety about getting circumcision

Hey, so I get a fully (radical) circumcision in a few weeks due Phimosis and I'm pretty scared about what the affects are.. My doctor told me it's the only way and I stretched my foreskin aswell for a week but no big change so far :/

So mainly I worry about not having enough feelings after the surgery, especially when it comes to masturbation. I'm also scared about the fact that they remove all the nerfs and big veins.

Currently I masturbate the best when I rub my inner foreskin a bit (hard to describe) but if I not use it, then it's hard for me to get to the point of orgasm.
I also have read a lot of other messages about guys who got circumcised and some of them didn't feel any feelings anymore or less.. I'm pretty scared and every night I think about it :/

Will everything turn out well? How does a circumcision affect the feelings?
I can well understand that you’re feeling nervous about the operation, but please don’t worry about the outcome. I’m circumcised (done at birth) and have a very good sex life. My girlfriend tells me that I take a bit longer to climax than an uncircumcised man but she greatly prefers that I’m circumcised - for hygiene, appearance and sex. I have two friends who were circumcised as adults - they were also anxious before getting done but are really pleased with the outcome, finding the procedure much less traumatic than they feared. You may find that lube (available from any pharmacy) will help with masturbation once you’re circumcised, but you must wait before doing anything for about 4 weeks until after the op. You will not regret it; in my experience many women greatly prefer it. Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Okay thank you, I just hope everything will went well :frown: I have so much nightmares, I urgently need to speak with my doctor idk, I just feel like I have a specific problem because I masturbate in a weird way (just not rubbinh fore and backward to get feelings with the inner foreskin) and if it's gone I will know that it will be a loooong way to go to get an orgasm.. But maybe it's just my mind who knows
I didn't get a full one, and have a regular foreskin now (I can't remember the specifics and was around 10 yo, but it was quite nasty and I had something similar to that), but I can tell you you shouldn't be worried.

Other than the surgery being nasty and your pecker looking like Jesus's head with a crown of thorns for a bit, it'll heal up nice and I'm sure you'll be fine. Peeing will be hard and painful for a bit but it'll clear up fine.

Idk about a full circumcision but all my friends with full one's are fine and have normal feeling. Honestly while a foreskin contributes to sensation, there's no problem with not having one: you don't miss out on much tbf.
Reply 4
OP, it will be fine if you get it done, honestly, don't worry about it. It sounds like you have a medical need to get it done, so you ought to get it done.
As for worrying about losing sensation, I don't think it will be a problem. My ex boyfriend was circumcised and seemed to have no problems with sensitivity. From a girl's perspective, I loved the fact that he was circumcised. It looks a lot better and is cleaner. If I end up having any boys of my own one day, I will be getting them circumcised as babies. That way they'll have no memory of it, and it will spare them from having any foreskin problems further down the track.
Good luck with it all!
Original post by Someone003
Hey, so I get a fully (radical) circumcision in a few weeks due Phimosis and I'm pretty scared about what the affects are.. My doctor told me it's the only way and I stretched my foreskin aswell for a week but no big change so far :/

So mainly I worry about not having enough feelings after the surgery, especially when it comes to masturbation. I'm also scared about the fact that they remove all the nerfs and big veins.

Currently I masturbate the best when I rub my inner foreskin a bit (hard to describe) but if I not use it, then it's hard for me to get to the point of orgasm.
I also have read a lot of other messages about guys who got circumcised and some of them didn't feel any feelings anymore or less.. I'm pretty scared and every night I think about it :/

Will everything turn out well? How does a circumcision affect the feelings?

Piece of cake.. I had a Low and very tight circumcision and Frenulectomy when I was 18.. Best thing I ever done.. Love it..

Quick Reply

Latest