The Student Room Group

Excessive washing after masturbating

Whenever I masturbate I have to was my whole body over and over with soap Including face. After masturbating I usual spend at least one hour washing which I really hate and wish I dont have to do it. I don’t feel scared to masturbate or feel it is bad I just feel dirty and hate the feeling of having semen on my hands. How to normal people wash themselves afternoon masturbating? Please can you help ASAP
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I masturbate I have to was my whole body over and over with soap Including face. After masturbating I usual spend at least one hour washing which I really hate and wish I dont have to do it. I don’t feel scared to masturbate or feel it is bad I just feel dirty and hate the feeling of having semen on my hands. How to normal people wash themselves afternoon masturbating? Please can you help ASAP

Girl here. I just wash down below if masturbate, but if I have sex, I have to wash my whole body.
It’s normal too wash after masturbating. I’m a girl too and after sex I always make sure I go to the loo after and have a quick shower. Don’t worry 😊
is it healthy to masturbate
Original post by EmilyLouiseR
It’s normal too wash after masturbating. I’m a girl too and after sex I always make sure I go to the loo after and have a quick shower. Don’t worry 😊
Original post by kingadel03

It’s very normal too masturbate. Nothing too be ashamed of.
It can be. There are a lot of benefits than there are negatives when it comes to masterbating. Really, if you want to give it a shot, take the time to slowly become comfortable with yourself when you first start and just see what feels good. Maybe even search how to do it, as it can be a bit awkward at first.
Original post by kingadel03
OP the fact that you yourself acknowledge that you're cleaning after masturbation is 'excessive' highlights that there is a issue here, although it may be minor.

Masturbation and sex are perfectly normal activities, that for most people are positive parts of everyday life - good for all round wellbeing, learning about your body and reducing stress. Some people however, can react differently and can find masturbation or their feelings around it or sexuality in general negatively impacts their lives. In some cases it may be worth talking to your doctor if you feel this way.

If it is just about semen then masturbate in the shower or put a condom on for easier clean up.

Often excessive cleaning in relation to an activity is linked to feels that one is dirty or that the activity is shameful and then need to clean themselves, absolve themselves of guilt.

Some people struggle with compulsive behaviours that negatively impact their quality of life. If you find some compulsion is impacting your life negatively then it's worth having a chat to your doctor about it.

In the short term, try to reduce the amount of time you spend in the shower and consider how you are feeling, if you've been down for a while or are struggling with these behaviours then have a chat with your doctor.
I do the same thing don't worry your not alone
Original post by Hmmmmmmm?
It can be. There are a lot of benefits than there are negatives when it comes to masterbating. Really, if you want to give it a shot, take the time to slowly become comfortable with yourself when you first start and just see what feels good. Maybe even search how to do it, as it can be a bit awkward at first.

Does it feel exactly like having sex
Original post by Anonymous #3
Does it feel exactly like having sex

Well I suppose it depends on a lot but I think it's generally fair to say they're worlds apart. Even ignoring all the emotional love, vulnerability, and intimacy that you share with someone when having sex, the feeling you can get from your hands is nothing like actual sex. I suppose handjobs are closer but there's still so many differences. I suppose it's each to their own, whatever you're comfortable with and what satisfies you, but for me personally masturbation is a fraction of what sex is like.

Quick Reply

Latest