The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well, i know that Sakura (in the title) means 'Cherry blossom' :s-smilie:. I speak only a little Japanese but I don't read it, which is what you need. I'm learning using romaji transliterations, you need someone who understands Japanese characters.
Reply 2
Cooro
well, i know that Sakura (in the title) means 'Cherry blossom' :s-smilie:. I speak only a little Japanese but I don't read it, which is what you need. I'm learning using romaji transliterations, you need someone who understands Japanese characters.

I wasn't aware that there was a difference, but I'm just painfully ignorant of a lot of things. Thanks anyway.
Reply 3
Try posting here, there might be someone there who can help you.

And the difference (in case you're interested): Romaji is Japanese written using the English alphabet (such as 'sakura') it's pretty much phonetical. Whereas Japanese writing uses characters similar to Chinese writing, often called kanji.
Reply 4
Cooro
Try posting here, there might be someone there who can help you.

And the difference (in case you're interested): Romaji is Japanese written using the English alphabet (such as 'sakura') it's pretty much phonetical. Whereas Japanese writing uses characters similar to Chinese writing, often called kanji.

Thanks for whoever moved the thread for me (and deleted the other one...).
Yeah, I am interested. Thank you for educating me...
My Japanese isn't great, but one of the questions asks: "It this music copyright free?" and the anser is "No, it's not."

So I'm thinking maybe you can't download it off the site? Try signing up for an account and see what happens then.
Reply 6
Corygirl1984
My Japanese isn't great, but one of the questions asks: "It this music copyright free?" and the anser is "No, it's not."

So I'm thinking maybe you can't download it off the site? Try signing up for an account and see what happens then.

I have no idea where the sign up thing is.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do that, though. I fear you may be right.
Reply 7
MSB
...who could tell me what this website is all about? I'd like to get my hands on some of the songs on there, but I can't find them anywhere else.

Mainly, I'd like to know if it's possible to download the songs.

There is an FAQ here.

I've tried using BabelFish, but it is limited, and the translations it gives me are awkward at best.

p.s. Mods, fire away if this is the wrong place....

Well, I'm a native speaker, so I'll translate for you. I'm not sure how to interpret the information on there so I think I'll just translate (/paraphrase) it all:

What is the Production Music Library?
Aimed for professionals. A music library containing music from all genres, edited for ease of use in TV, radio, VP, BGM etc.

Is this a copyright free?
No.

Do you need to apply to JASRAC?
Sakuranote's music library are all registered with JASRAC. Thus, according to your purpose there is a need to apply to JASRAC.

What is the difference between this and a copyright free library?
See link (if you need translation of this site tell me)

What can you do on the sakuranotes online music library?
Search songs by category or hear a sample. By logging in you can register songs, make que sheets (?), save songs etc.

I can't seem to be able to sample songs?
One reason is "Firewall". This site uses Flash Communication Server for streaming play-back (make any sense to you?); for this we use our own protocol "RTMP (port: 1935). If you can open this then it should be possible to hear samples. If this is difficult because of security policies etc please contact us. Also, if Flash Player 7 and above is not installed you can't replay it. (if this bit doesn't make sense I'll do it more carefully, but it's a bit technical so I'm not sure of the vocab!)

Can we download songs?
Not at present. If we can make WAV data download stress-free through line environment (???) etc then we will deal with this.

How much does it cost to use the search system?
Free. Feel free to use. However if users increase and there isn't enough bandwidth you might have to log in to hear songs.

What benefits are there if you register?
Register songs, make que sheets, managing, registering discs etc. We will be adding other functions shortly.

How do I register?
Only people who are already contracted with sakura notes. If you want to register please download this form here (again, ask me if you want the link translated).

How do I contract with sakura notes?
Look here (ditto above).

Forgot my password...
Look at the email we sent when you registered.

Want to change my password..
There is no easy way for customers to do that yet; please email us from the address you registered with.

How do I look for songs?
You can look up keywords from the category search, or by entering artist names. (searchable songs limited at present)

How do I look up discs?
At each level there is a list of discs; you can narrow your search there.

What is the my music function?
You can register your chosen songs, enter their use etc. After registration is complete it is saved in "my project".

What is the disc registration function?
You can register your favourite discs in "My discs".

What can you do with My Project function?
You can sort the saved data into files or edit them. You can export them as an excel file.

My search and search results don't match.
Contact us.

Some songs that do not seem to get searched
Not all the keywords for each song is registered yet.

Can you search for well known tunes?
Not at present. Will work on shortly.

Can you search for classical songs?
Not at present. Will do in future.

I want to share my folders.
You can't.

... and I'll skip the last question as I don't know what it means and it seems irrelevant anyway.

It seems that you won't be able to download songs from there unless you make a contract with them or something, sorry. Hope that helps anyhow and feel free to ask me any more Japanese-English (and vice versa) translations.
Reply 8
Excalibur
Well, I'm a native speaker, so I'll translate for you.

Thank you so very much for doing that.

It doesn't look like I will be able to get the songs :frown:
The one I want particularly is 'Live Spark' from this album. I can't find it anywhere else.
:frown: :frown: :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending