The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
Biggest tip I can give is don't send back the contracts until you have your university place confirmed!

If you're waiting for exam results to confirm your place at Hudd, get the contracts filled in but wait until results day to post them. If you send them off then learn you didn't get in you will (legally) still have to pay for the room even if you don't use it.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Anth
Biggest tip I can give is don't send back the contracts until you have your university place confirmed!

If you're waiting for exam results to confirm your place at Hudd, get the contracts filled in but wait until results day to post them. If you send them off then learn you didn't get in you will (legally) still have to pay for the room even if you don't use it.

I have my place confirmed on the course and start in september. UCAS and uni have agreed it all, i am not waiting for outcome of grades =)
Reply 3
A lot of people who read this thread will be though :wink:

As you're still waiting for the financial confirmation I'd wait before sending it off just in case you have any difficulties with it. Everyone else will be waiting for results in August so you have plenty of time :smile:
Reply 4
Anth
A lot of people who read this thread will be though :wink:

As you're still waiting for the financial confirmation I'd wait before sending it off just in case you have any difficulties with it. Everyone else will be waiting for results in August so you have plenty of time :smile:

ahh perfect just what i was wondering. I just recieved the welcome pack for storthes. im still waiting to see whether i get the grades for my course. so you would say to have it ready but send it results day if i get them. does this still mean i have a fair chance of getting a place there or will it leave me at a disadvantage, as its quite late. Could it mean that i could be to late to get a place.
Reply 5
I doubt it as everyone else who is waiting for results will be doing the same thing. Digs don't tend to sort out room allocations until the week before you're due to move in anyway so I think you should be ok (I did this and I was) :smile:
Reply 6
i hope so, i really aint all up on this time of thing lol....its all pretty confusing if you dont know what your doing lol thanks i shall do that. so is it after then that you find out the actual blocks and rooms your going to be in,

sorry if i sound dumb lol
Reply 7
Yep, they will send you a letter before you set off for Hudd (between exam results and freshers week) saying where you will be living so you can sort out insurance and the like.

Digs are famous for being slow at getting those letters out though - I got the letter two days before I moved and some had to email the day before because they still hadn't been told :rolleyes:

If you have any questions just add me on msn and I'll try to answer them :smile:
Reply 8
So once recieve the contracts and stuff send everythings (ie the cheque and the passports etc) back, but not the contracts.
So would this still guarntee you a place do you think?
Reply 9
katie668
So once recieve the contracts and stuff send everythings (ie the cheque and the passports etc) back, but not the contracts.
So would this still guarntee you a place do you think?

I think DIGs would prefer if you send everything at once.
Just wait till you have everything they need (such as exam results or a firm offer from the university)

I am waiting for a few things to be sorted out yet, so i wont be sending mine in anytime soon =(
Reply 10
aww im so nervous that i wont get a place if i leave it so late, but then im worried ill not get may grades if i send it all away sooner.... argh what a dilemma. haha im so sad
Reply 11
Yep I know what you mean, Might speak to them and see what they think
Finally going for a look around the accomodation, have been last year as my friend was there but think I need a proper look.
Reply 12
Do what Anth says. It's pretty much what I did, and I've got a place OK. Storthes prefer everything to be sent at once, I believe as it is easy to process all the information.

They also request - I believe - in the booklet, that you wait until confirmation of grades before sending any of the stuff off. I know it did in mine last year.

Most people will be in a similar boat and will be doing the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending