The Student Room Group

Graduate schemes offering accountancy qualification ??

Hi,
I graduated last year and am looking for a graduate level job where I can study for a professional qualification (preferably ACA).
I have applied to the Big Four but found these to be very competitive.
Can anyone recommend me other companies that offer graduate schemes where I would be able to study towards an accountancy qualification? I don't really mind what area the company is in I just want to become a chartered accountant! Thanks
Have you tried researching smaller companies that may offer them? A lot of people aim for the big 4, but there are other grad schemes which are just as good and can offer you the same pathway.

You could also try the civil service - my friend started working for her local council, and then HMRC and through them, she has started studying to be an accountant.
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
Have you tried researching smaller companies that may offer them? A lot of people aim for the big 4, but there are other grad schemes which are just as good and can offer you the same pathway.

You could also try the civil service - my friend started working for her local council, and then HMRC and through them, she has started studying to be an accountant.

Yeah I have also tried smaller companies but have had no luck there either :/ I was trying to find more non accountancy firms that offer finance graduate schemes. I will have a look at civil service though thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by evesiobhan
Hi,
I graduated last year and am looking for a graduate level job where I can study for a professional qualification (preferably ACA).
I have applied to the Big Four but found these to be very competitive.
Can anyone recommend me other companies that offer graduate schemes where I would be able to study towards an accountancy qualification? I don't really mind what area the company is in I just want to become a chartered accountant! Thanks

Where are you based and which region are you looking? You could try searching for 'trainee accountant' and similar terms on Indeed - there are lots to apply for, check the websites of the top 50 or so CA firms and also the ICAEW jobs page (which includes training contracts).
Reply 4
Almost all finance schemes offer an accounting qualification, but it's more than likely going to be the CIMA. These orgs offer the ACA (this is the product of a cursory search - you'll probably find more if you spend some time looking):

1. EE finance scheme - https://jobs.ee.co.uk/graduates-and-apprentices/graduates/finance/

2. Boots finance scheme - https://www.boots.jobs/graduates-and-early-careers/graduates/finance-programme/

3. Centrica finance scheme - https://www.centrica.com/careers/grads-undergrads/graduate/finance

For the record, you'll have an easier time getting onto a professional service firm's graduate scheme. They recruit more heavily, and will invest heavily in your acquisition of the ACA. I'd focus on them.

Quick Reply

Latest