The Student Room Group

Deloitte brightstart Apprenticehsip

Got accepted onto this program the audit with acquiring the ACA qualification within the next 4 years.

Could anyone shed light onto the benefits and drawbacks of choosing this over an economics degree (in my case bath).
Original post by ewgvrearb
Got accepted onto this program the audit with acquiring the ACA qualification within the next 4 years.
Could anyone shed light onto the benefits and drawbacks of choosing this over an economics degree (in my case bath).

Heya, congrats on your offers! I started the ACA at a (non big four) accountancy firm after graduating in a non financial field and ultimately decided it wasn't for me.

I would say that if you're set on going into finance, the apprenticeship will be a great way to earn money without accumulating debt and get you to where you want to be sooner.

However if you could be persuaded by other careers, doing a degree (in any field tbh) means you can still apply to ACA schemes when you graduate, but you can do summer programmes and intern and get more of a feel for what you'd ultimately like to do. Plus you get the 'uni experience', live away from home more easily and get the chance to explore your interests. My views on what I wanted to do with my life changed a lot between 17/18 and graduating and have changed even more since!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending