The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
an Siarach
For those of you currently at Kings - what offers did you recieve and what qualifications were in posession of when you applied? Likewise id be grateful if those applying this year tell me of their offers (When they recieve them) and the qualifications they currently hold.

Offers from Leeds, UCL and KCL

AAAAab
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Offers from KCL, Leicester and Reading

AS levels I applied with were Geography - A, English Lit - A, Politics - A and History - A

Offer from KCL - AAB

A levels - AAA and merit in AEA Geography
Reply 3
I am studying Law/French Law at King's and I got an offer for AAB at Advanced Higher (with an A in French). I already had AAAAA at Higher when I applied. Elsewhere, I held offers from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Manchester.
kingslaw
Offers from Leeds, UCL and KCL

AAAAab

You had offers which were your predicted grades and/or final grades?
NDGAARONDI

KINGSLAW - could you check your personal messages?

Cheers.
jonnymcc2003
KINGSLAW - could you check your personal messages?

Cheers.

You quoted me but asked kingslaw a question without reference to my text above? :confused:
Reply 7
NDGAARONDI

KCL & UCL - AAB
Leeds - AAA

Final grades - AAAAab
kingslaw
KCL & UCL - AAB
Leeds - AAA

Well from that it was obvious to disregard Leeds :biggrin:

I was under the impression that UCL would only offer AAB rather sparingly since they do say in their prospectus that their standard offer is AAA, plus another AS level. Guess what happens in real life will be different.
Reply 9
I have a C at AS level this year and no prediction for my AS level next year. However King's require at least a "B" at AS level... I am confident I will get an A. But know they will reject... :rolleyes:
Reply 10
NDGAARONDI
Well from that it was obvious to disregard Leeds :biggrin:

I was under the impression that UCL would only offer AAB rather sparingly since they do say in their prospectus that their standard offer is AAA, plus another AS level. Guess what happens in real life will be different.

Try going to a sh*t, sh*t, sh*t sixth form - it works wonders.
kingslaw
Try going to a sh*t, sh*t, sh*t sixth form - it works wonders.

Yes. I went to a rubbish sixth form myself. Doesn't exactly help me in my situation now.
I hate it when people try to play the 'I'm so disadvantaged' card

e.g. my sixth form college was crap but I got good grades anyway (i.e. I'm better than you for being poor) So obvious.................

LET THE ANARCHY BEGIN!!!!! :mad: :biggrin: :frown: :tongue: :eek: :confused: :tsr:
Reply 13
Well to be fair.. It is harder to get an A in a class of 30 with a mediocre teacher than it is in a class of 9 with one of the best teachers in the country...

So it *should* be taken into consideration.
Dreama
Well to be fair.. It is harder to get an A in a class of 30 with a mediocre teacher than it is in a class of 9 with one of the best teachers in the country...

So it *should* be taken into consideration.

Even though my college is pretty good for its region, the classes are huge. Everyone wants to be a lawyer...

I've sent my form in but I think they know how big my law class size was, hopefully.
hey every1. i know this is going off the general gist of the thread but i have a question.
i applied for law at KCL and they sent me a kinda nasty email with a form saying if i dont fill it in and send it back with a load of documentation as proof they're gonna treat me as an overseas student.
Am i the only 1? i was born in hong kong (which was on my ucas form) but am british, so i cant really understand why they've sent this to me. has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 16
kidney thief
hey every1. i know this is going off the general gist of the thread but i have a question.
i applied for law at KCL and they sent me a kinda nasty email with a form saying if i dont fill it in and send it back with a load of documentation as proof they're gonna treat me as an overseas student.
Am i the only 1? i was born in hong kong (which was on my ucas form) but am british, so i cant really understand why they've sent this to me. has this happened to anyone else?

well r u currently livin in Hong Kong? and hav been livin there for the past couple of years? if so, to qualify as a home student to hav to satisfy certin criteria. not sure what those are. your school should help u out on that. i'm livin in hk now too...but go to a british school. some of my friends have recieved home status from some unis (because they satisy some set criteria) but not from others. so it depends form uni to uni too i guess. but usually if u qualify then all unis should regard u as a home student.

just out of curiosity wat school do u currently attend? (if in hk) and what were your AS's? will u be sittin LNAT?

...n e more questions p.m. me :biggrin:
Leifde

just out of curiosity wat school do u currently attend? (if in hk) and what were your AS's? will u be sittin LNAT?

...n e more questions p.m. me :biggrin:

ive lived in the UK for the last 14 years lol. i do have friends and family in HK tho, wat school r u at? im gonna sit LNAT cos i have to lol.
AS were RS, English, German, Economics and gen. studies if ur still interested
Reply 18
kidney thief
ive lived in the UK for the last 14 years lol. i do have friends and family in HK tho, wat school r u at? im gonna sit LNAT cos i have to lol.
AS were RS, English, German, Economics and gen. studies if ur still interested

hahaha if u've lived in the UK for the last 14 years i don't see how you have a problem getting home status

Latest